Yamana Gold (AUY)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sledged, Apr 21, 2011.

1. sledged

sledged

Anyone trade this stock? With the run in Copper, Silver and Gold why has it been held down so much, underperforming other miners? Seems like anytime $13 is broken it gets taken right back down, anyone have any color? Thanks.

2. Is the company "overhedged" on its production and not participating as much in the rally? :confused: :eek: :(

3. Grinder

Grinder

Its a heavilly daytraded stock with lots of shares

4. I own it for a year now and It has done absolutely nothing.

What a complete and utter dog.

I'll probably double my position in it just to show the markets I will not get pushed out of my position.

5. Grinder

Grinder

its been rangebound for the last 2 years and will most probably stay that way. Go long at 12s and short at 13s

6. :eek:

I love ET, man you make my day.

7. MTE

MTE

If you really want the markets to get your message then you should no less than triple it, maybe even quadruple it.

8. sprstpd

sprstpd

A lot of miners haven't done jack during the gold run. Maybe people think that the price of gold is going to fall in the future so they don't want to be suckered in. But for people who believe gold is in a bull market and think the price will stay up at these prices for many years to come, the gold miners are very attractive at these prices. It is almost like you are getting an opportunity to buy into the gold bull market 5-10 years ago.

9. Again, worst performer in the sector.

Man, I own miners who don't have any gold in the ground outperforming this piece of crap. :p

10. AK100

AK100

Just be patient everyone with those Gold/Mining stocks. One day somebody will let off an atom bomb under their prices and boom they'll never look back.

I admit, many have been waiting for that day for 5+ years but it is coming and could even be tomorrow :)

#10     Apr 26, 2011