YAHOOOOOOOO ( going much lower?)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Oct 17, 2006.

1. I added late friday @ 29.15. Bought back in Oct @ 23.50ish and sold in the 26.50's i beleive.
    Got busy and just never kept an eye on this. But i had some free'd up cash from the sell off on the 26th and was looking for a good buying opp in one of these beatin up stocks. YHOO taking 5% on fri made the decision easy.

Banc of America analyst Brian Pitz noted the 5% correction in Yahoo stock but reaffirmed his "buy" rating on the company with a price target of $37. He told his clients that he spoke with Yahoo management and believes that the worst case scenario is being fully priced into the stock at this point.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/12/ya...ity-cx_jl_0312markets28.html?partner=yahootix

#41     Mar 12, 2007
  2. I like yahoo. I use it almost everyday. Its easier on the eyes then GOOG.

Some large hedge funds have a interest in this company.

When you project out, future time consumption a great deal of it will be spent leisurely looking for information that interests day to day users.

The presentation of the information sometimes is more important then the actual results returned. And yahoo seems to have a advanrtage over GOOG.

I tried to get in on their IPO, when the whole world wide web thing took off. But the shares were locked up by that time.

Once this speculative fervor gets going again in equities, yahoo should double in price.

AAPL looks like its going to test 100 and higher.

#42     Mar 12, 2007
  3. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i entered long in Oct. 06, when it was lower.

option expiration may not let yhoo close above 30 by the end of this week.

i'm holding for the long haul.

my sources say the company is in the midst of a major turnaround. at the risk of sounding like a pumper i believe there will be some very big upside surpises. i know this company very well.

Q1 - probably a small beat and possible raised guidance, Q2 bigger beat and greater chance of raising guidance, and Q3 is when the the real fireworks begin as revenue from panama becomes more significant the second half of the year, i expect significantly raised guidance.

put up a chart of yhoo next to goog for 2007. very interesting.

#43     Mar 12, 2007
  4. yahoo and aapl bias is up premarket.

#44     Mar 14, 2007