YAHOOOOOOOO ( going much lower?)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Oct 17, 2006.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

#31     Feb 8, 2007
  2. Also, YHOO finally closed above 30...I think I may go long some MAR 30 calls tomorrow, depending on the action...:D

#32     Feb 8, 2007
  3. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

from a technical standpoint, there is resistance at 30. but for me, YHOO is one of a handful of stocks i will hold long-term. i picked up shares at several different price points while it was selling off in Q4. after four buys ranging from 25 - 32 my cost basis is 30.

i can't remember the last time i averaged down on a stock, but i'm very familiar with the company and the fundamentals so i made an exception.

being a long-term hold, i probably won't begin to scale out until it hits the 40 area, but will hold the majority of my shares for higher prices....willing to wait a year or longer.

uh, oh....averaging down, scaling out....i probably just opened myself up to some criticism. flame on....

PS anyone considering a position on YHOO would benefit from reading my prior posts in this thread.

#33     Feb 9, 2007
  4. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i've been posting (see previous posts in this thread and another thread) since Q4 that YHOO is under accumulation. i'm already up 21%........and it appears that the train is leaving the station.

risk:reward not very favorable for swing traders at this point but i'm playing YHOO as a long-term position trade. i won't begin to consider scaling out until the 40 area.

it will be interesting to see how YHOO does with the market correction that everyone keeps thinking 'will come tomm'., my bet is that when the correction comes YHOO will test support and and then resume the climb.

#34     Feb 19, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

i continue to hear that MSFT is interesting in buying out YHOO. I had YHOO around the 31-32 area but sold it right before the drop to the mid 20's, even at that time rumors were circulating that MSFT was interested.

#35     Feb 19, 2007
  6. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

msft buy-out rumor was fairly typical; when stocks get beaten down the longs like to float these rumors.

apprantly msft did approach yhoo earlier in 2006, but it was too expensive.

i'm very familar with yhoo, and somewhat familar with GOOG, as i have friends that work at both.

a msft buy-out is very unlikley. more likely is current ceo Terry Semel decides to "spend more time with his family" later this year or next once YHOO growth gets back on track.

reasons why buy-out is unlikely: 1) msft and yhoo could not agree on an appropriate role for Semel post merge; 2) YHOO has a poison pill clause; 3) both co-founders who are still very active in the company (David Filo still oversees the coding on the front page, true!) still control a lot of stock, they and the other big holders wish to remain independent at least for the time being. 3) mgmnt recognizes they are in the early stage of a new cycle for the company with the recent implementation of new ad technology that will fatten margins over time.

#36     Feb 20, 2007
  7. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

SUMMARY
    ➤ We will be hosting a conf call on search marketing trends with a focus on
    Yahoo! on Friday, February 23rd. The call will feature four key speakers from
    SEM (search engine marketing) firms -- Dana Todd from SiteLab, Kevin Lee
    from Did-it.com, Peter Hershberg from Reprise Media, and Philip Stelter from
    Range Online Media.
    ➤ Among the key issues to be discussed will be: Initial marketplace reaction to
    the Yahoo! Panama changes and likely impacts on future marketing budgets.

this ought to be intersting given that YHOO is right on resistiance now at 32.
    http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-forum/48003-google-vs-yahoo.html

#37     Feb 23, 2007
  8. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

forgot to say that it is citigroup hosting the call.

#38     Feb 23, 2007
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

looks like the call went well.

fyi.....yhoo up over 33% since my first post on yhoo 10/17/06. lots more upside, but good entries are hard to find.

#39     Feb 23, 2007
  10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

Golden cross setting up....50 crossing above the 200.

gee, i'm starting to feel like i'm the only one here interested in yhoo.

#40     Feb 25, 2007