Yahoo stock forums are truly amazing...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Chagi, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Chagi

Chagi

...on rare occasion they are useful for obtaining a bit of info about a stock when researching a company, but the sheer volume of useless nonsense just stuns me at times.

As an example, I took on a higher risk position trade in EAG today, earnings were released after market close, pretty much zero AH trading so far as I am aware. The Yahoo forums are currently filled with pages upon pages of spam.

This makes me curious though, do the posters actually expect their sentiment (whether buy or sell) to actually influence any investors out there?

2. da-net

da-net

I'm not sure that "Amazing" is the word I would choose to describe Yahoo stock forums! I personally think most posters there are hyping a stock or are seeking comfort from others..choose the one you believe.

3. One individual has pumped that stock for the last week on USENET misc.invest.stocks promising "the big move" was just around the corner. He must have started 10 different threads on the subject.

- Spydertrader

4. Chagi

Chagi

I entered my position in this stock a bit late, as well as purely on charting, I don't particularly like the fundamentals of the company (I'm not a big fan of issuing shares as the primary business model for a company).

That said, it appears to have put in a long term bottom, but I will be monitoring the trading closely tomorrow.

5. I agree that a Stock forum can be beneficial.

I asked Baron to create a Stock forum on ET.

Give Yahoo competition.

See my thread down in Feedback.

Good luck!

s

6. don't laugh the Yahoo crowd has been moving to ET recently haven't you noticed?