YAHOO SHARE PRICE ON MONDAY? 20 dollars??? 15???? WAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jackstone54, May 3, 2008.

1. MSFT cannot buy more then 15% of YHOO on the open market. Otherwise the poison pill provision kicks in.

#11     May 3, 2008
  2. Yang is already going to have to answer to his shareholders for this. Do you thnk he would further dilute the company?

#12     May 3, 2008
  3. It's already established he doesn't give a damn about his shareholders.

#13     May 3, 2008
  4. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=YHOO

Options activity on friday indicated that noone knew what the hell was going to happen, people believed the intensified talks were going to result in a much higher price...

#14     May 3, 2008
  5. I actually just went and looked at the 8-K from when YHOO issues the rights.

It's not dilutive to anyone except the party w/ the > 15% stake.

Basically, all shareholders OTHER then the one w/ the 15% stake get a right to buy $250 worth of YHOO stock at half price. (It's a $250 preferred convertible)

#15     May 3, 2008
  6. tman

tman

Good thing yahoo shareholders are protected by that poison pill.

#16     May 3, 2008
  7. I have no idea why shareholders would be dumb enough to vote FOR a poison pill.

#17     May 3, 2008
  8. well one thing for sure, Jerry will get so much shit from the shareholders, he'll grow another asshole. How can one refuse $47.5 billions ?? :confused:

#18     May 3, 2008
  9. jsmith

jsmith

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080503/microsoft_yahoo.html

Laura Martin, a senior analyst at Soleil Securities, said Yahoo was demanding too high a price and she expected its shares to fall $8 on Monday when trading resumes on the Nasdaq. The shares closed up nearly 7 percent at $28.67 on Friday on hopes of an agreement between Microsoft and Yahoo.

"The Yahoo guys want too much money for their company. We think $33 a share is fair in the context of the weakening economic environment and adverse advertising trends," Martin said, who has a "hold" rating on Yahoo shares.

"I think you'll see a number of shareholder lawsuits on Monday. They've prioritized employees over shareholders in the hopes that someday they can create more than $8 billion of value, even if they have no track record of doing so," she said.

#19     May 4, 2008
  10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

the real reason ballmer walked is goog. a 2-3 dollar difference wasn't it. g read ballmers letter to jerry, he spells it out.

watch for an announcement from yhoo re a goog alliance within days.

as for where will yhoo trade on monday....a gap down is in order, but my experience tells me that when everyone expects and is certain that a stock will go to "xx", it rarely does.

#20     May 4, 2008