Yahoo new charts

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by bluegreen, Aug 15, 2006.

1. About a week ago I was using Yahoo's new stock charts. They were java, I think. They were updated and much better than the ones they have on their site now. But now I can't seem to find them. Does anybody have a link to Yahoo's new stock charts? They were good for doing back testing. Free too.

2. Yeah, I noticed the change as well. Except the link I'm using takes me to the new charts during trading hours and the old charts after hours. Weird.

So what I'm saying is that I'm not sure if there are different links or not, as the same link takes me to both charts at diff times.

Don-

3. Whree are these new charts?

4. BCE

BCE

5. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for sharing.

I also like Googles new charts. They aren't live. But they are good for research. I like the way we can click on a letter on the chart and it tells us what that news article was that possibly moved the market at that specific time.

Google and Yahoo are tied. They each have their different unique features. Here is google chart for S&P500
    http://finance.google.com/finance?cid=626307

6. BCE

BCE

You're welcome. Yahoo is great in a million ways. God only knows how many hours over the years I've spent on Yahoo. Ha :D But their old stock charts were really bad and quite distorted. Glad they fixed this. Thanks for sharing the Google ones. Yahoo's look better to me though and they are live. But I have more sophisticated software for charting anyway. :)

7. tyler19

tyler19

How do you change it from 1min to 5min????????

8. Thanks for the heads up on google. Linking news events to stock price activity definitely makes the job easier.

Unfortunately, I was hoping Google would provide older news articles related to the company being researched. Yahoo would purge the articles after a certain amount of time (roughly 1 year). This makes backtesting news-related events difficult.

Does anyone know where I can obtain older articles? TIA.

9. I do not believe this can be done with Yahoo. However, if you pull a 1 day chart on MSN and export the chart to excel (or a CSV file), the data will reflect 5 minute increments.

A bit cumbersome, but it's free :). Otherwise, any decent trading platform will allow you to view charts in both 1 minute and 5 minute intervals.