YAHOO Earnings Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Apr 16, 2007.

1. What happened to "Project Panama"? When I go to sign on yahoo, I dont see Panama nor do I see Honduras...this Panama idea was all a pump and dump scheme created by the CEO to boost the shares.

Now the stock is wildly selling off in the afterhours session into the 20s. How much lower can this beast go?

#31     Apr 17, 2007
  2. I love how the stock basically pukes up a month of gains in a few minutes and then the guys who wanted it to go up keep saying it will come bac. Come on, admit you are wrong and move on. It's that kind of thinking that keeps you in losing positions hoping it will come back as it keeps going further against you. Then you end up puking up your trade at a huge loss right before rebounds. Instead you could have been riding this thing down.

#32     Apr 17, 2007
  3. I think everyone one of those Fast Money guys were telling the public to buy YHOO over the last month or so. Probably that moron Cramer too, that guy bothers me.

#33     Apr 17, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Yea, a few of them were bullish on it. YHOO is now going to trade sideways for at least 2-3 months. As usual the stock starts trending higher than earnings come out and they just cant provide the numbers to get their stock moving again. Panama might not be living up to the hype many thought it would live up to only 2 short months ago.

Many, many people were anticipating a nice Quarter from YHOO. Im actually a bit surprised they didnt do well. GOOG is up for earnings on Thursday, thats always a big mover.

#34     Apr 17, 2007
  5. Yahoo has sucked for the past 4 years and it isn't going to change anytime soon

#35     Apr 17, 2007
  6. Project Panama=Project Kool-Aid

#36     Apr 18, 2007
  7. Oh really? lol

Funny there is a guy on the YHOO board that has been doing his best to pump this the last few weeks "sakkinow" Funny he disappeared today just like you. lol He swore he knew the company and even claimed to have sources to inof. LMAO

Oh well cant be right all the time. I was long since 23's or so bought it on the way up with a pps of under 26. Lost just over two points selling @ 30.05 in AH lastnight.So i still made a decent profit. I got greedy and held because i beleived the crap coming from Semel a few weeks ago.

#37     Apr 18, 2007
  8. I wonder if anyone bought 100 April 30 PUTS @ $0.20 yesterday afternoon when Yahoo was going a little over $32.00 for $2,000.00 and then closed them out this morning at $2.00 for $20,000.00 ?

Profit of $18,000.00 ( excluding commission)

#38     Apr 18, 2007
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

kaliman,

in a few weeks i believe you're gonna be kicking yourself for selling.

i think yhoo execs did not manage expectations well, but other then that, i'm not disappointed.....i got in in the mid - high 20s and still green....barely.

125 million plus volume today on yhoo where the closing price is not much different from the opening price means to me that there was a lot of buying going on today that absorbed the selling, otherwise closing price would be more then a few pennies lower then the open. stops were triggered on the open, but then it went never went below 28 again after the opening.

for sure there was short covering, but it wasn't all short covering.

yes, some will try to short again, but the low hanging fruit on the short tree just got picked today, going short from this point forward will be more difficult to squeeze a few pennies from....probably can be done, but again, the low hanging short fruit has been picked. best for shorts to move on and patient longs to hold, imho.

yhoo is sitting on major support in the 28-29 area. i bet this thing never closes below 28 unless there is a marketwide meltdown.

did you see any downgrades today from top tier houses????
    no, the IBs learned their lesson...last fall they downgraded yhoo when it was in the mid 20s, only to see yhoo go up from the point where they issuesd their downgrades. no downgrades this time because they know there is support at this price level.

important to rember that yhoo has said from the beginning to not expect any revenue increases from panama until the second half of 2007. the top tier ibs know this and are not issuing downgrades....unfortunately bulls got anxious in Q1 and bid the thing up prematurely., and a 1 cent miss on a stock that has been prematurely bid up is going to get a haircut.

#39     Apr 18, 2007
  10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

kaliman,

i forgot to admit i was worng on the earnings, i was suprised myself. but i have to say that a 1 cent miss is not earth shattering as some are suggesting.

good luck on your trading.

#40     Apr 18, 2007