yahoo account hacked

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eastside, Jun 6, 2005.

1. I think my yahoo mail/messenger account was hacked.

I leave my messenger open all day & today I got a message pop-up saying something like --- you have been automatically logged out of messenger because you have logged on at another location -- I can't remember the exact message but it was something along those lines. So it logged me out of messenger.

Then I logged back on so as to boot that other person out, then I changed the password for my yahoo mail/messenger account.

Has anyone heard of any viruses along these lines or has anyone had this problem before ?? I am just wondering if it is a widespread issue with yahoo or more personal to me.

Thank you.

2. It usually happens when you have your login & pw saved for automatic login at a different computer without you realizing it ofcourse. Maybe at a public place or maybe on your childrens' computer or something like that, and when they turn the computer on it ends up kicking you this. This has happened to me before. In this case, I think you did the right thing.

3. Thank you for mentioning that. I did set a "remember me" logon a couple of months ago at a computer where messenger may not have been used for a while. Now I can let go of some of this PARANOIA !!!