Xpresstrade Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Gofio, Nov 14, 2006.

1. How can they offer electronic trading and not be direct access for futures? Are you saying the are a MM like Oanda is for forex? :confused:

#11     Nov 28, 2006
  2. My problems with them had little to do with their webpage frontend. It's more that their backend didn't integrate smoothly with it. The new and improved graphic design doesn't do anything to make their pit traded transactions any better. You'd still be forced to interface with them over the phone.

#12     Nov 29, 2006
  3. Stravinsk

Stravinsk

I'm a little confused.

You said you used them specifically for pit traded options, but were you trading straight futures as well?

The point where I get confused is when you mention margin with option, and margin calls with option positions. Options don't get margin calls, because they don't involve an obligation like straight futures do.

#13     Jan 2, 2007
  4. Stravinsk

Stravinsk

Edit:

Unless you're writing options. Hmm. Sorry. Post before thought. And no edit after 30 minutes.

#14     Jan 2, 2007
  5. wynotb1

wynotb1

I use xpresstrade for selling options and have had no problems. If I need an updated bid/ask I use the live chat and they will contact the trading floor. There customer service is excellent.

#15     Jan 2, 2007
  6. If you are daytrading, the commissions will add up. I moved to IB for that reason.

#16     Jan 2, 2007
  7. novais

novais

What could be potential impact on their service after they are bought over by OptionXpress?

#17     Feb 13, 2007
  8. wynotb1

wynotb1

They said the are leaving the website the same so I think you want see a change in that area. But who knows how the customer service will be.

#18     Feb 14, 2007