XP Pro' with IB ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by andy4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. andy4

andy4

Hi Everyone,

just checking has anybody had any problems using XP Pro' with IB ?

I had been looking at Win' 2000, but a computer guy told me that he felt XP was alot better than Win' 2000. Really makes no difference to me, costs about the same.

Just wanted to check before I spend the bucks :-(

Thanks, Andy

P.S. Just as a add on, does anybody run two brokers software at once ?? For example I.B. and a PATS system (Advance Futures)? I'm thinking of trading a slower (1-3 trade a day) system and thought it might be interesting to see how different brokers work at filling orders, STOPs (IB ??) and so on, just using one contract to start of course :)

2. peter77

peter77

I had trouble with IB when I had XP Pro so I switched to 2000 and havn't had a problem since.

An example of the type of problem I had was TWS would show a negative price for equities sometimes, so I phoned IB and they said 'switch to 2000'

My machine is a Dell P4 1.7 gig 8200 series.

>:)

3. Biomech

Biomech

I run IB and E-Signal, among other thing, on my dual monitor XP machine with no problems. The only problem I had was when I added the second Nvidia card, I had to download the very latest drivers or TWS wouldn't start.

4. fleance

fleance

I run IB TWS, QCharts, and CyberTrader on Windows XP (custom P4, 512 MB), and I don't have any problems.

I also run it on Windows 2000 (dell laptop P3, 128 MB) with no problems.

5. I run without problem eSignal, RealTick, IB on my multi-monitor XP config.

6. No problems using XP with IB, CyberTrader & Metastock.

The new XP interface and the stability and speed is great. Starting up my computer, although only a P2 350MHz is very much quicker than before. You should have lots of memory though, I have 320 MB.

Take care.

7. I use a P-I 66 MZ with 16 megs of rams and win 95 . I can not get my computer started so I no longer lose money . seems like the best combo for me.

Serious - I use both XP pro and win 2000 on 2 different machines no problems with either.

8. nitro

nitro

lol

nitro

9. andy4

andy4

Hi Everyone,

thank you all for you replys. I'm looking at 512MB so mem' should be fine.

Thanks, again Andy