XP Pro or Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Wallace, Nov 14, 2012.

1. just wondering if there's any benefit/s changing from XP to Win7

2. At this point I'd jump right over W7 and go straight to 8.

But in general; yes. There is a huge different between XP32 and W7.

3. chiefFLE

chiefFLE

I prefer W7. I will not jump to W8 till 2014. Let them iron out the bugs.

4. Yes. W7 is slower and more cumbersome. And Dell T3400/T3500 don't want to run dual, NVS 290/295 video cards.... perhaps not others, either. Other than that, W7 is just effin' GREAT! :D

5. I swtched to Windows 7 from Xp and would go back to XP in a heartbeat. Windows 7 is slow, clunky and has tons of crap you wil never use. Windows 7 is a waste of money.

6. Bob111

Bob111

if i pull up the task bar on my trading PC,running on XP Pro-you will see about 10 processes consuming 100mb of RAM. lean mean trading machine. good enough for my daytrading games. :p

i wouldn't switch to 7,unless you are some gaming junkie,who need a good looking OS with DX11 support

7. Must be good about something... WinstonTJ has given it high praise for his use (building/running VMs for traders).

However, I just recently tried to make the move from XP to W7... and am in agreement with you. I've thought about switching back to XP for my primary trading rig..

8. Windows XP has poor security- MS will not update it anymore. Are you seriously using software over a decade old?

9. Schaefer

Schaefer

+1 to all above.

XP for trading.
    Win7 for gaming.
    Win8 for tablets??:confused: :confused: :( :( :mad: :mad:

Schaefer

10. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Windows 7 without any doubt

#10     Nov 14, 2012