XP of Win 2000 which is best?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by xianokie, Aug 16, 2002.

1. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

64 bit?

There is no point to upgrade to 64 bit until
    most of the software you use do.

#31     Sep 18, 2002
  2. taodr

taodr

I would wait a while before downloading xp service pack sp1, we find it slows speed down somewhat. Two many duplicate files.

#32     Sep 18, 2002
  3. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

oh yea I definitely agree, it's for future upgrade is what I meant

#33     Sep 19, 2002
  4. sub7slak

sub7slak

What ever happened to Linus Torvald's Transmeta Corp's Crusole processor? It didn't live up to its hype it looks like.

#34     Sep 20, 2002
  5. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

Just a follow up on XP vs. 2000.

Our company just finished the initial
    testing of XP SP1 and have to
    recommend our clients not to
    install SP1 unless absolutely
    necessary.

Reason: myTrack and eSignal have
    beomce unstable in our testing
    machine.

#35     Sep 20, 2002
  6. BCE

BCE

Thanks lhclin and taodr and everyone for the heads up on SP1. Just called eSignal and they said that someone at Tickquest had been in touch with them about this but the guy I talked to said from reading the interoffice email that they didn't realize you were talking about SP1 but thought you were just talking about Win XP in general which works fine with eSignal they said. Anyway, they're going to install SP1 now and test it next week and get back to me so I'll let you know what they say when they do. Also I use CyberTrader Pro and I'm going to contact them to see if there are any issues. I'll let you know. :)

#36     Sep 20, 2002
  7. I use XP with 1gig on RAM, works beautiful

#37     Sep 20, 2002
  8. BCE

BCE

Finally got around to installing XP Pro on my new hard drive. So far so good. Not as many hassles as I had imagined. I'm working at maximizing my system resources by eliminating a lot of the unnecessary background eye candy features. I'll let you know how it goes.:)

#38     Nov 10, 2002
  9. HI ALL

If anyone is interested in a Full and Sealed version of Microsoft XP Professional Let me know. I can let you have a good deal on mine. I won it in a promotion. I ordered it directly from microsoft.

Sterling

#39     Nov 10, 2002
  10. nitro

nitro

Assuming new hardware and supported equipment, I would opt for XP pro (I have twenty computers, runnig Solaris, FreeBSD, Win2K, XP, Linux, etc, so I am not really biased.)

Here is a sight that may make XP a little more friendly...

http://www.monroeworld.com/pchelp/xptweaks.php

nitro

#40     Nov 10, 2002