XOP to 45?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by easymon1, Apr 19, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

2. never2old

never2old

how would you personally trade XOP?

3. easymon1

easymon1

if i were to trade this it would be through options, i'd look at 40-50 delta calls.
    im not in that mode yet, so keepin busy lookin at futures intraday 1,2,5m charts. fwiw,ymmv,etc.
    i don't keep up with options so the premium may be too out of whack to make anything on this with them. if you are indeed thinking on this, there are a ton of people this site better qualified than than me to re-pose that question to.
    I like the setup for a retest, tho.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  4. never2old

never2old

@easymon1, interesting 'bullish' trade, which option expiry date?

my trade based on the last 5 days price swings ($38-$43), I'd go with 24 April expiry 38/40 call spread cost $1.50 max. Should be above $40 on expiry, if so a nice 33%

5. easymon1

easymon1

Look at You!
    youtu.be/Akm5JUKzibI?t=984
    the guy above likes to take phone calls or even email requests for feedback or questions and might be a good place to pick up extra trading ideas.
    24 April sure seems soon, all the sudden, lol.

6. never2old

never2old

second thoughts on XOP, based on historical long term this is going nowhere but down.

seeing the reverse split March 30, long term its a dog, maybe short term in/out opportunity with options.

https://www.stocksplithistory.com/?symbol=XOP

the April 24 38/40 call debit spread might work. Worse case one contract $1.50 x 100 = $150 loss

7. easymon1

easymon1

8. easymon1

easymon1

deletexomcvx.png

9. easymon1

easymon1

xop cvx xom.png

10. easymon1

easymon1

KWEB?

#10     May 21, 2020