Xmas Rally Has Finished.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GrandSupercycle, Dec 3, 2011.

1. If anyone watches that I also suggest immediately watching the documentary "Meltup", because that is where you're going to see the conclusions by the NIA of what really creates economic growth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eb1n1X0Oqdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#51     Dec 4, 2011
  2. I have viewed similar videos and I am well up to date on their proposed disaster scenarios. I chose not to live in fear like this. There is going to be a lot of yelling back and forth. There is going to be lots of volatility in all types of markets. Over time, however, resolotion will be found.

Your panic feeds them. It gives them the fuel they need to justify new QEs. However, if we all calm down, markets stabalize. Instead of rushing to the exit, we'll spend time trying to solve the problems.

Calm, Peace, Stability encourage investment. Investment encourages growith. That grow increases the quantity and more importantly the quality of jobs which provide the income needed to stabalize the debt.

Realize that what is most relevant with Debt is your debt to income ratio. Therefore, you can effectively pay down your debt by increasing your income. You can increase your income through inflation, or you can increase you income through improved productivity. If you panic, you destroy productivitity.

Everybody, stop worrying and get busy in your life!

#52     Dec 4, 2011
  3. Exactly. It was a Hanukkah rally technically. Was it short lived? We will find out soon!

#53     Dec 4, 2011
  4. :D

#54     Dec 4, 2011
  5. Just trying to make some money as a CTA and RIA Rep, I'm sure when it tells me to go long the same inflationary problem I'm betting on spooking the markets suddenly turns into the reason for a rally.

But, seriously, those videos by NIA National Inflation Association are as good as videod documentaries get wrt to education, economics, and especially in making recommendations for members to follow for their investments.

#55     Dec 4, 2011
  6. My thoughts also. If you go back in history there are always doomsayers and there always will be. I am doubtful when I hear people giving exact predictions about the future as if they were facts. Anyone with that kind of prediction skills would be richer than Warren Buffet and Bill Gates combined. Thing about predictions from experts, there are experts on both sides of almost every issue, so someone is always is right.

#56     Dec 4, 2011
  7. More importantly, though, somebody is always wrong and somebody is always right.

Zero sum games from the perspective of the winner and positive sum to the losers that don't know what they're doing.

#57     Dec 4, 2011
  8. Where did the false idea come from that trading is a zero sum game? You don't have a zero sum game in an environment where the quantity of money must increase to support a growing global consuming population.

Trading products occur all over the world, not at the expense of one or the other, but to the benefit of both.

#58     Dec 4, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

To quote the Author of "Pit Bull," trading is actually a minus sum game. I have to agree.

#59     Dec 4, 2011
  10. Why?

Whether we are trading shares in a stock, or trading bread for flower, why must one win and the other lose. Ok, the price of flower may rise providing less bread for the same quantiy of flower, but both parties still benefit from this transaction.

Yes, I could buy your shares of Stock X just as the price begins to fall. However, ownership of those share gives me the awareness I need to short many more shares. As a result we have both profited from this opportunity.

In other words, one negative transaction triggers multiple transactions which produce a net positive result.

#60     Dec 4, 2011