XLK

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by dealmaker, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Top tech-tracking ETF attracts $616M in one day
    The tech bet is back. At least that seems to be the case for buyers of exchange-traded funds. Investors just poured heaps of cash into the $21 billion Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund, the largest ETF globally tracking stocks of technology companies. Known by its ticker XLK, the fund has been a go-to bet for buyers looking for cheap and broad tech exposure, charging a low expense ratio of 13 basis points. (Investment News)

2. zdreg

zdreg

the expense is minimal but where are the cheap tech stocks?

3. they are all the same thing...most of the money these guys manage is from other money managers and not from retail money. the listed in the exchange is just for them price their investment portfolios.

4. these investment managers don't want to own individual stocks in their name. so they own the funds. individual stock require too much 'work' and monitoring versuse ETF or

5. S2007S

S2007S

I spoke about this article on Friday.....

Speaking of nasdaq new highs and tech.... XLK saw the largest inflow of money since 2011, as I mentioned earlier about FAANG 3 of the top names are in this ETF

If you take notice of the article it says that in February $1.2 billion ran out of the fund, that was during the extreme selloff, now that the Nasdaq is back at new highs 616 million poured into the etf on thursday as the Nasdaq was screaming higher, so what I'm saying is that you can see how off timed the selling of 1.2 billion worth of XLK was. They sold it during the sell off only to buy it back at the highs!!!!!!!!

Which means this huge one day buying of XLK since 2011 is by no means an indicator of higher prices.....

apple 14.2%
    google 10.5%
    facebook 6.8%

Investors just poured heaps of cash into the $21 billion Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund, the largest ETF globally tracking stocks of technology companies. Known by its ticker XLK, the fund has been a go-to bet for buyers looking for cheap and broad tech exposure, charging a low expense ratio of 13 basis points. The fund saw almost $616 million in inflows on Thursday, the most since December 2011, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

The bullish behavior comes after XLK investors pulled the plug on $1.2 billion worth of bets in February, the largest month of outflows for the fund since October 2014, the data show. Tech, media and telecom stocks have recovered since the broad market selloff on Feb. 5, aided by strong fourth-quarter earnings.

The fund’s top holdings are Apple Inc. (14.2%), Microsoft Corp. (11.4%), Alphabet Inc. (10.5%) and Facebook Inc. (6.8%).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ech-etf-just-lured-in-heaps-of-cash-etf-watch

#19134 Friday at 6:27 PM

Stocktracker and niko79542 like this.
  6. S2007S

S2007S

In February $1.2 billion of XLK was sold off. ...the $616 million I highly doubt is new money....

dealmaker likes this.