Xeris Pharmaceuticals (XERS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ForexSB, Jul 31, 2020.

Would you

1. Invest

50.0%
  2. Ignore

50.0%
  1. TheFoot

TheFoot

Hey GM what are your thoughts on FLDM

#11     Aug 2, 2020
  2. TheFoot

TheFoot

What are your thoughts on FLDM

#12     Aug 2, 2020
  3. ForexSB

ForexSB

Thanks for sharing!

I believe that historical performance is not the heaviest factor to count in for pharma companies like these. I had invested in VRNA, ATNM, RGLS, etc. (almost out of these now as earned more than 70% on each stock). They had neither great trends nor historical data but their current pipeline was valuable as the results were outstanding.

#13     Aug 2, 2020
  4. Obviously one to watch in the premarket Monday. Might do another flagpole though I doubt it but then again this is also a situation that looks ripe for another news driven rally. (or crash!) So a day trade candidate and definitely one to watch for as a potential swing trade, buying as it comes up out of the dip. For an investment which to me means holding through at least one calendar year, I don't think much of it. Pharma stocks as investments? I don't know what the experts say and I have had too many Old Fashions tonight to google effectively but the general run of below $10 pharma stocks that have seen better days do not to me constitute good investment propspects. This one no different. Look at the action over the life of the company. A few brilliant swing plays in there but the long term overall trend is pretty whack, you got to admit.

Price history isn't everything. Yeah fundamentals can make a difference but the price action is usually more important as a general rule, and you can always seek out ticker symbols that offer both.

#14     Aug 2, 2020
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm sure you've looked at the chart. It was between 1.5 to 2.0 when the Pandemic started and went as high as 5.85 by May 22nd.
    • That's a great move upwards don't you think ?
    Maybe you're comparing XERS with the wrong small cap pharma stocks considering its a group that has its own subgroup. For example, some pharma stocks only work on research / development of cancer while other small cap pharma stocks only work on AIDS/Ebola/Covid-19.

Thus, different subgroups within the pharma stocks and you may be comparing XERS to the wrong competition (stocks) subgroup. For example, XERS primary product involves products related to hypoglycemia in diabetes.
    • Who are their competitors within that subgroup of smallcap pharma stocks ?
    Anyways, its currently around 2.86 and that's a big retreat back down from 5.85 in which I feel sorry for anyone that held it too long or bought it near the highs.

wrbtrader

#15     Aug 2, 2020