Xeris Pharmaceuticals (XERS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ForexSB, Jul 31, 2020.

Would you

1. Invest

50.0%
  2. Ignore

50.0%
  1. ForexSB

ForexSB

Check out the following below & see if it is good by yourselves.

They have a lot of worthy contracts such as one with Department of Veterans Affairs where millions of their PFS is going to be used. Some of them may not be in the news as the company might believe that it is not PR/news worthy but is just business as usual. This along with a lot of other factors in their documents offered tells us that the company is not just focused on creating short term unrealistic stock price bumps like most small cap Pharma companies which shoot up more than 100% and 3-5 months later are worthless enough & deserve to close down. George Soros's fund has also invested to take around 5% of this company approximately 3 weeks back. The PT for this stock is around $7.

• In April 2020, the company reported positive preliminary topline results from this study. Complete results from this study were presented at the Fifteenth EILAT Conference on New Antiepileptic Drugs and Devices (EILAT XV) on July 27-30, 2020. These data were also presented to the FDA during a recent end-of-Phase 1 interaction.
    • The Phase 1b study was an open-label, weight-based dose, 3-treatment, 3-way crossover study in healthy adult subjects. This study aimed to investigate the pharmacokinetics, safety, and tolerability of two different weight-based doses of intramuscular XP-0863 when compared to a weight-based dose of Diastat rectal gel. Subjects were randomly allocated to a sequence of three treatments: XP-0863 IM (0.25 mg/kg), XP-0863 IM (0.125 mg/kg), or Diastat (0.2 mg/kg).
    • The subjects' diazepam blood levels were monitored over 21 days after drug dosing. XP-0863 showed comparable pharmacokinetics to Diastat, with similar partial AUCs of XP=0863 (0.25 mg/kg) to Diastat early after dosing and with increased overall exposure (AUC0-8) when compared to Diastat (18800 h•ng/mL versus 10900 h•ng/mL, respectively). XP-0863 (0.25 mg/kg) had comparable Cmax when compared to Diastat (355 ng/mL versus 384 ng/mL, respectively). The weight-based doses of XP-0863 were safe and well tolerated, with minimal sedation and injection site reactions, and no serious adverse events occurred.
    • Complete results of the Phase 1b study were shared with the US FDA in an end-of-Phase 1 interaction. The FDA provided feedback that Xeris' drug development program for XP-0863 could advance directly into a Phase 3 registration study in both pediatric and adult patients with epilepsy.

Short Summary of the Expectation of the Pipeline
    The unique pharmacokinetic profile of XP-0863 may provide clinical advantages for patients ≥ 2 years of age who need diazepam for seizure emergencies. The Phase 1b study results and successful FDA interactions provide both a predictable and expedited development roadmap for XP-0863 as a critical therapy for the epilepsy community," said Paul R. Edick, Xeris’ Chairman and CEO. “Our novel diazepam formulation is another important demonstration of the application of our XeriSol technology across multiple therapeutic areas.” “We believe that XP-0863 is valuable asset, and we look forward to finding a suitable development partner in order to initiate a Phase 3 registration study in the future.”

2. qwerty11

qwerty11

Stock is steady between 2.5 and 3. Market is not stupid. Fear is that they use an obsolete technique for their commercial product.

3. ForexSB

ForexSB

I don't believe the market is stupid or that the technique is obsolete as their pen looks like it is better than their direct competitors. It just seems that this is not getting any attention at all. The volume is so low for this stock.

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Sounds like you'll be investing. Thus, it now seems like you poll is designed to get attention for this low volume stock.
    • How many shares did you buy and at what price ?
    wrbtrader

5. qwerty11

qwerty11

It had a very high volume lately:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/XERS/history?p=XERS

6. deaddog

deaddog

I took a quick look at a long term chart. I'd like to see a break of the downtrend before I invest.

7. TheFoot

TheFoot

I'll buy a couple

8. ForexSB

ForexSB

True but only since early July & that volume cant be considered high for a drug that might go directly into the Phase 3 after their Phase 1b rounds.

9. ForexSB

ForexSB

Still exploring but yes you are right I wish to invest in this. I wanted to get valuable opinions on this as it has stock despite having good product, contracts & overall pipeline has not been going up like other small cap pharma stocks.

TheFoot likes this.
  10. If you had invested $1000 in this company in September 2018, today your investment would be worth $102.21, so from the past performance angle maybe not so hot an investment. No way in hell I would invest in that company. I don't care if they claimed to have a wonder drug to cure AIDS, cancer, the clap, the common cold, and COVID. No price action, no trade. Bad trend, no invest. For your sake I hope I have to eat my words Monday but it looks like a loser to me.

Screenshot from 2020-08-02 01-52-52.png

#10     Aug 2, 2020