X_Trader and ADSL

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dont, Mar 10, 2005.

1. dont

dont

I think you are right very flaky connection, but I am going to have to get a new modem. The one I have is only USB. The PPPoE process has given me no end of hassle with the little network I am running. Fortunately a new modem will not cost much.

#11     Mar 12, 2005
  2. Who is your DSL provider? I have a couple of modems laying around some place. I'm moving so I will have to find them.

#12     Mar 12, 2005
  3. dont

dont

Thanks I've already got one

#13     Mar 13, 2005
  4. FuturesTrader71 or anyone

Can a person access multiple accounts with a single login using Xtrader. Also, can one trader with an Xtrader license and another trader with an Xtrader Pro license use the same PC to login and trade (obviously at different times)?

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Right now my wife and I have multiple accounts set up, each of us with trading authority on all of them. Right now using TT we are having to log off and log back in to change and trade a different account.

Thanks

Neal

#14     Mar 13, 2005
  5. My clearing firm handles the licenses and accounts for me, but this is what I believe is the case:

Yes, you can trade multiple accounts with the SAME firm on X-Trader. There is a box on the top-left of the DOM with a pull down menu showing multiple accounts, once you set them up.

Yes, you can have someone with a Pro and standard license use the same computer at different times. Your X-Trader would be set up as PRO and you would just log in as usual. Trading Technologies does not assign the type of license to the specific trader. They assign a number of licenses to a firm and once those licenses are used up by ANYONE within the firm who has a login, then they begin to deny logins. For example, if a firm has 15 Pro licenses and 15 standard licenses, people can log in up to the 30th person. After that, logins are denied regardless of whether or not you are entitled to a login.

In the case of your wife and you, you just set up 2 accounts on the Customer Defaults menu and when you are on, you just select your name or account number in the pull down menu. No need to log in or have separate X-Trader accounts. Just make sure the one login is able to execute trades on both accounts. As long as you don't log in at the same time, you can save by having one X-Trader license.

#15     Mar 13, 2005
  6. ENZO

ENZO

I have heard from Tech Support people that you should not use TT without XP PRO. Perhaps you will not experience these issues once you convert?

#16     Jun 10, 2005
  7. dont

dont

I resolved the issue it was the USB modem upgraded to a router modem and everthing was resolved immediately. Still running Win 2000 Professional SP4 and it works fine

#17     Jun 10, 2005
  8. chisel

chisel

I've been running TT w/ Win2000 Pro since Feb. '04 just fine, and I will not be happy if I have to "upgrade" to XP Pro.

#18     Jun 10, 2005