X_Trader $3.30 Total Round Turn

Discussion in 'Events' started by MarkHyman, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Boomer

Boomer

what is a better platform between tws and j-trader? why?

#81     Nov 22, 2003
  2. I have used both platforms and there is a "feel" that is different on J-Trader verses TWS.

I have read the following reasons quoted below:
    • TWS has the form of feed that reports as a snapshot (very fast though) where jtrader shows the flow in realtime...but during high volume may not be able to keep up.
    • J-Trader has a unique waterfall type of DOM feature.
    • Various front-ends available for TWS which J-Trader is not compatible with (yet)
    • Some brokerages charge a platform fee for J-Trader ranging from $0.00/mo.-$650.00/ mo.

I am not going to comment on the issue of reliability and downtime....I will let others address this, as I think it is different for each trader.

But I am curious to the comparison of xtrader and the proprietary ffasttrade platform.

Michael B.

#82     Nov 23, 2003
  3. I had mentioned that i am not trading futures, so i wanted
    you and ET members to answer this.

But i have read from this forums, seems more members
    approve J-trader, why? i don't know yet

#83     Nov 23, 2003
  4. I had read earlier that TWS has more downtime, and from what you have stated i think majority traders will be going for J-trader
    plateform if it havn't been because of IB brokerage account.

Charges for J-traders shouldn't be more than 250$ per monthe, with X-trader 650$.

#84     Nov 23, 2003
  5. H2O

H2O

But one very big advantage for using IB over any broker that offers J-Trader is :

Your IB account can be held in many currencies and is SIPC insured.

Perhaps this doesn't make a difference if you put up $5K but I don't want to lose $50K (or more) because of financial problems on the side of my broker / clearing firm.

#85     Nov 23, 2003
  6. Well, according to the rules, brokerages must keep customer funds in segregated accounts. But I know personally that when things go bad this is not always the case, if there is fraud involved. I was a client of Futurewise, who was shut down and fortunately I pulled out in time.

Michael B.

#86     Nov 23, 2003