X_Trader $3.30 Total Round Turn

Discussion in 'Events' started by MarkHyman, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Wow funny thing it amazes me that someone with only 12 posts comes on here like he's been here for a year. What are you, on your 10th ET nickname? Why don't you tell us what your real affiliation is? Its easy to come on here and spread FUD about platforms with which you are competing, pretending to be just an ordinary retail user.

#41     Nov 10, 2003
  2. H2O

H2O

You tell me J-Trader belongs to the best platforms at this time.
    Can you please tell me your opinion on X-Trader and Ffastfill ?

In my opinion J-Trader is a good platform but it simply cannot compete with X-Trader / FFastfill

As for some bugs in J-Trader (And every other trading platform) : THEY NEED TO BE FIXED.
    We're talking about trading software here, not some kind of game, no matter if you trade 1 contract or 10.000.

#42     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Very well put, H2O!

Be good,

nononsense

#43     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Yes, I totally agree,

X-trader and FfastFill are the best at the moment for retail trading. However, J-Trader is just a notch below it. Certainly, there is some performance difference between those and J-Trader otherwise J-Trader would not be given away for less than X-Trader or FastFill.

To some others who believe I try to sell something. Has it ever ocurred to you that someone who is trying to promote sth would never criticize competition to such an extreme? No, I am an upset user, because TWS breaks down TOO often. That's it: Period!!! Maybe due to different server locations some might experience less problems but the Zurich server and with it most European users are experiencing crashes quite often. THis is unacceptable.
    And since when does the number of posts in here tells sth about the quality of contribution or criticism or intellect? Cool, this explains to some degree how chaotic and often illogical the market really is with market participants, reasoning in such ways.

#44     Nov 10, 2003
  5. Why didnt´t you use JTrader in the first place ?

Instead you are pretending to be an IB customer
    who´s trading positions like 35 ES contracts.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

#45     Nov 10, 2003
  6. Hi Matt,

I am a retail trader. I have written a running application against the TWS API.

I want to rewrite it for X-trader. As you keep on insisting on the X-trader superiority, I would be inclined to believe you. In fact I would love to pay lower commissions. Please give me a clue as to how I can get at least the same facilities for developing and testing as I always have had with IB?

As a retail trader I hate to have the feeling to be ripped off having to shell out a few $1000 upfront for paper documentation and simulation limited to an "inhome"server. To my knowledge the equivalent of TWS simply exists nowhere.

Thank you for helping us retail traders out.

nononsense

#46     Nov 10, 2003
  7. I am a trader and I trade successfully , although not as profitably as last year. I am not concerned with technical issues as long as my platform works on a stable basis. Everything else about interfaces does not interest me, as long as I can use my data service (Esignal), can feed my Excel sheets and Matlab tools with data, and trade on an extremely stable platform.

When paying loads of money I expect a system to function 24/7. I expect systems to be stable 99.8% (throught the whole year!!!). If the 0.2% occur I expect to be provided with decent backup, and pronto.

Maybe there are people in here with different perspectives. Some may live with outages, breakdowns, interuptions, and the like and still feel they got something better than 20 years ago (which is true). Would you provide a trader on one of the institutional desk (for instance, at Deutsche Bank or other investment banks) with TWS you would get fired after the first crash, which would as of lately quite certainly occur within one single week. Now, tell me one thing: What makes this different from our demands for a stable system? Nothing, its just the power difference. It seems to me that some in here can live quite comfortably with such interuptions. But I personally believe that this market is way too competitive and cruel that I could afford such weak chain. Some asked why I traded with IB in the first place: Simple, because IB was much more stable one year ago. And I argued within IB's board already: I believe this has to do with the API stuff and that they are too much catering to those IT developers. Its great for guys like you, Nononesense, but not for the regular and medium size trader. I understand too good why IB is doing so, its because they save big time on developing a new platform, cause they see competition crawling up. The small trader now believes he got a great system, he can feed his data onto his Excel sheets some, execute trades on a good looking platform (developed by you guys), and feed IB's data on some apps, sucked off some ftp server. Come on, this cannot be it. I know, I am now eaten alive by all those this applies to, but so what? I argued my case about TWS and will soon have negotiated a decent deal with someone else. This market is way too difficult to trade so I couldn't care less about technical issues. I prefer to pay up. And many are in a different opinion and I accept that. But saying that TWS's servers are stable is a big time lie. Nothing could be more far away from the truth.

#47     Nov 10, 2003
  8. "lost trade" is a big problem also...don't you think. I never had that while using TWS.

Chris

#48     Nov 10, 2003
  9. yes it must be frustrating, but again as someone already mentioned, this is a back office and reconciliation problem which should get resolved because otherwise the brokerage would not be flat with the clearer either (assuming you traded futures).

Its not the platform itself I assume. At least it would not make sense. If I am wrong please explain, I am willing to learn.

What I do is that I print out my positions along with trade IDs at day's end. Through this no broker in the world can tell me I was not flat. If they try then they need to 'invent' a trade which must have ocurred in between my other trades or after the last trade I took. With statements and IDs in my hand you are in an excellent position from a legal standpoint, becase they also need to proof by their systems that this "order" was really sent in from my IP Adress and trading platform at that certain time, which should be difficult. If any broker develops such criminal engery to engineer such thing then better stay away first-hand.

Good luck and I hope everything gets resolved soon!!!

#49     Nov 10, 2003
  10. The $650 per month charge for X-Trader is for ONE EXCHANGE.

Trade TWO EXCHANGES and it is $900.00

Trade THREE EXCHANGES and it is $1,025.00

FYI

:)

#50     Nov 10, 2003