X_Trader $3.30 Total Round Turn

Discussion in 'Events' started by MarkHyman, Nov 7, 2003.

1. tango29

tango29

I agree, I was just curious why if you are trading that kind of size you were at IB in the 1st place? Much better rates have been available for awhile for that size with the those other platforms, from other brokers.

#21     Nov 9, 2003
  2. wallaby

wallaby

Yes Mark, please post Eurex commissions.

#22     Nov 9, 2003
  3. Are you sure you are not cheerleading for XTrader/Jtrader? Where have you been all this time, and now suddenly telling us how bad IB is....hmmm? I do not see any evidence at this time to support JTrader as a fully stable trade platform (way too many bad experience posts here to just ignore). Now I do think XTrader is a very stable system and I think this is one of the systems that a person could use if they are serious about there futures trading. I guess if you had been around longer at ET your message would be more believable to me.

Chris

#23     Nov 9, 2003
  4. J-Trader and X-Trader. Does it sound like anything else? But if you are curious whether I am affiliated with any of those then I can give you a clear no. If I were, why would I then recommend at least one other competitor of the one system I would try to hype. Hmm.......logic is lost here........it seems.

Anyway, its not true, J-Trader is very stable. Search ET and count the posts criticizing J-Trader. For your reference, the post (and just one single one) criticizing IB's Platform problems now approaches, I think, 41 PAGES!!!!!!

I think we should keep everything in perspective here.

About X-Trader, its a great platform although I have not worked with it yet. But what I heard about it its supposedly increadibly stable.

Matt

#24     Nov 10, 2003
  5. I really wonder why you were trading 35 ES with IB in the first place. Didn´t you read those 41 pages before ? What if you now are going to use JTrader and might find 35 ES in your account next day when you thought that you were flat ?

#25     Nov 10, 2003
  6. BTW, you do not need to "defend" X_Trader.
    Nobody here on ET mentioned any issues with respect to X_Trader.

:D

#26     Nov 10, 2003
  7. Fx-Trader,

I am pretty new to ET. So, just stumbled over that lengthy IB post. Anyway, I am looking forward to see commissions drop over the course of the next couple months.

Successful trading,

Matt

#27     Nov 10, 2003
  8. Ooooaaach, FX! Now that post really made me cringe. Imagine a 20-point gap. :eek:

#28     Nov 10, 2003
  9. In case you didn't know.... its your brokers fault if he doesn't use the patsystems backoffice software correctly. It has the ability to show your overnight positions.

#29     Nov 10, 2003
  10. Matt,

This may be true but you also should give us an estimate about how many people at ET are using IB and how many are using X or J trader. The ratio might be 1000 to 1!!!!! I could be wrong, but you ought to tell us something about this. Comparing TT's forum with IB's forum is a rather learnful experience. Did you ever take a look at this? Pats seems to hide everything. I don't know about a user's forum at all with J-trader.

In fact going by the credibility of brokers with API's anything besides IB seems to be phantasy.

nononsense

#30     Nov 10, 2003