X-Trader vs. CQG Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FT79, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Dogfish

Dogfish

Thank you for the update, are there any confirmed dates for these expected rulings?

I was considering another option with firms that offer a whitelabel solution. If a trader gets his own whitelabel one-off system designed with the features they want, or you pay for an open source version, what's to stop you paying a programmer to freeze the ladder, would this still infringe if it was then never sold onwards?

#41     Sep 13, 2009
  2. yshterk

yshterk

I think they expect a ruling toward Q1 of next year.

My opinion (and I am not a lawyer) is that if you do not make any money on the concept they will not have a case against you. But then, who knows what TT legal team decides to do. So far their enforcement was pretty illogical and senseless.
    You may want to check with someone who knows patent law before going any further.

#42     Sep 20, 2009
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

im surprised tt havent gone after stellar yet as they have a ladder that is very similar to tt's in behavior.

i hear stellar are taking loads of users in europe that were formerly tt users - mostly from scalpers in arcades though. i have no idea how much longer tt will let them get away with this

#43     Sep 20, 2009
  4. What brokers offer low fees for Stellar ?

#44     Sep 20, 2009
  5. I am also not an attorney but the concept seems pretty straightforward to me. If you milk their cow it does not matter if you drink the milk or sell it.

The question being litigated is whether they own the cow and hence the milk. My bet is they have branded a cow they don't own.

#45     Sep 20, 2009
  6. there could be less traders going to stellar thanks to the new TT strategy engine. http://www.tradingtechnologies.com/article.aspx?id=248

#47     Oct 6, 2009