X-Trader vs. CQG Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FT79, Apr 29, 2008.

1. If your focus is trading futures then another viable platform to look at is OpeneCry's Trader and Onelink API.

Currently there is no charge for the software platform or Onelink API. IMHO OEC's software tools and API are better designed for algorithmic trading than X-Trader.

The only down side is all of your eggs are in one basket with OEC. Not too different than IB TWS or RJOfutures Vantage platform being tied to the broker.

Commissions are reasonable, feed is fast and platform stable. Should be a viable plan B for most traders.

#31     Aug 29, 2009
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

#32     Aug 30, 2009
  3. bt116

bt116

What do you mean by this?

#33     Aug 31, 2009
  4. yshterk

yshterk

When you buy charting terminal you have to pay exchange fees for each real time exchange you are getting. The amount varies by exchange. When you are using the trading terminal most exchanges do not charge for the real time data (assuming that you will trade from it). When you use CQG Integrated client with no ability to trade you need to pay for the real time exchange fee. But when you add trading ability now your CQG turns into the trading terminal. Thus, no exchange feees for the exchanges you are able to trade.
    Hope it helps. PM me if you have more question.

#34     Aug 31, 2009

5. I have CQG Integrated Client (clear at Advantage) and the package runs about $1450 / month.

This includes CBOT, CME, ICE, also includes the advanced trading suite (enhanced order capabilities), spread trader, trade-flow, market profile, dom trader and a few other extras.

I think a very basic package will run around $800, if memory serves.

I tried TT as a demo try-out, but the charting was sub-standard.

CQG has served me well over the years and their customer support is top notch.

EDIT: My service also includes Dow Jones news service in that price.

#35     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Dogfish

Dogfish

How far has CQG got in its court case with Trading Technologies over the fixed ladder DOM patent?
    I know CGQ are using fixed ladder single downclick order entry so far but apparently haven't "won" the case yet. I assume if and when they do TT will lose a lot of customers to the likes of Ecco and Easyscreen etc too. Anybody have an update, can't find anything recent on google?

#36     Sep 12, 2009
  7. 4XQs

4XQs

Dogfish, is it true that CQG uses a static Depth of Market? The b*stards at TT having been holding the futures industry at gunpoint for far too long on a clearly false patent.

#37     Sep 12, 2009
  8. yshterk

yshterk

CQG has two claims - one that the patent is invalid as the cocept of "static" price ladder was created and used in other products before TT and that patenting the UI concept is kind of meaningless. It also claims that its responsive price scale is not static as it moves when the market price gets off screen. The judge in the case had ruled in favor of CQG on the second part (responsive price scale is not the same as Static ladder TT patented). The jury in another case though confirmed the validity of TT's patent.
    Now both claims are being appealed, it is still too early to tell which way appeals go.

#38     Sep 12, 2009
  9. 4XQs

4XQs

I thought the battle was fought with the owners of Ecco, didn't that result in anything? Just asking since you seem to be informed, thanks for the CQG details.

#39     Sep 12, 2009
  10. yshterk

yshterk

Yeah, all of the above came from the battle with ECCO, the CQG claim along with the one from GL and RCG are in line and will be considered after the eCCO one is resolved. But since they all are pretty much the same everyone is watching the first trial.

#40     Sep 12, 2009