X-Trader vs. CQG Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FT79, Apr 29, 2008.

1. FT79

FT79

And if you want to have charting. Is Esignal a good system?

#11     Apr 29, 2008
  2. Hi FT79,

eSignal's Advanced Charts (details) have had a great response from the market (testimonies) - here's a link to its library of online videos.

Also, eSignal's newest release, 10.1, is expected shortly, and will introduce a new DOM ("depth of market") trading GUI, called the Trade Manager, which was initially developed and tested in our QuoteTrader product.
    You can single-click trade, drag/drop order manage, and see liquidity with its aggregated size-at-price.
    Attached is a video of the TM in QuoteTrader, but more will be produced shortly that show full integration in eSignal (which, of course, is sans-banner :)).

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfCozEhBNw0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vfCozEhBNw0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thanks,

Brent
    trading@quote.com

#12     Apr 29, 2008
  3. A couple of points of clarification are necessary because people are talking about two different CQG products. First, CQGTrader is an order routing product offering two different depth-of-market order routing interfaces, a quote board, and orders and positions management widows. That’s it.

CQG’s main product is called the Integrated Client, which I personally use for trading. (I have been using CQG since 1984.). There are a bunch of features I like about CQG. For example, I like their DOMTrader because I can show markers on the price ladder that display the current levels of the moving averages I use.

I like their constant volume charts that build bars based on volume, not time. I use their TradeFlow charts and studies because I can see what traders are doing at the best bid and ask prices and changes in the order book.

One of my favorite studies places markers on the chart for executed trades during the day, as well as current working orders. I like reviewing my trading decisions from the chart at the end of the trading day.

CQG order messages typically run around 20 milliseconds, so their speed of order execution is very competitive.

CQG is about one-half the price of TT.

#13     May 1, 2008
  4. FT79

FT79

Which broker/FCM/ etc do you use?

Thanks,
    FT79

#14     May 1, 2008
  5. Dogfish

Dogfish

I've been using TT Xtrader for about 7 years trading at professional prop outfits but don't feel they are as far ahead of other systems as they used to be. I use cqg for my charting and TT for execution.

Some questions
    1.Can you format CQG trader to look and behave like TT

2.Are you limited to 4 screens of execution and charts as I use 4 TT screens alone.

3. Is execution on the downclick or upclick of the mouse button? ECCO has this issue with the TT patent.

4. Is there right click trading available with a different order quantity set to that of left click?

5. Does your average position highlight on the DOM?

6. Is there a "tradeout" button which will find market like TT

7. Has anyone had experience scalping futures on each system at a professional outfit? ie not web or vpn

thanks

#15     Aug 20, 2009
  6. Dale Box

Dale Box Velocity Futures

Gyrene Dertra,

$4.73 per RT for most products is our all in rate for X_TRADER with no monthly platform fee.

Best regards,

#16     Aug 20, 2009
  7. yshterk

yshterk

Dogfish, please see answers to your questions inline below:

#17     Aug 22, 2009
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

no. it sucks.

e-signal are just a sales & marketing machine focused towards retail traders, not professionals in my experience.

totally unreliable.

if its of any value to you, i use iq feed for historical data when i want to look at a chart via ensign. v good.

our team all use pro-mark from pats after a few bad experiences with tt.

a bit cheaper than tt - but again that will depend on your fcm. it answers all dogfish questions above

#18     Aug 22, 2009
  9. Dogfish

Dogfish

Thank you for your comprehensive answer, I might have to take a trial and talk to my clearer and cqg rep :)

#19     Aug 28, 2009
  10. No it sucks. If you want something good, forget about esignal. No professional trader would ever use it.

Daniel

#20     Aug 28, 2009