X-Trader DOM in Excel

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by RedDuke, Jan 7, 2007.

1. You do not need the pro version. From X-Trader, click on Help, then search for Excel. You will find step by step instructions.

#11     Jan 16, 2007
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I did read help menu, however the features to post links that are discussed there are not available for me. For example, there is help topic of how to link MD trader to Excel (this is exactly what I need). One of the steps is to Paste Link within MD. When I right mouse click in MD, the menus Paste Link and Delete Link are not available as shown in help topic.

Any help is very appreciated. Am I doing something wrong?

My version is 6.14.4.5

Thanks,
    redduke

#12     Jan 16, 2007
  3. It's my understanding that RTD linking is available on TT 7.3 or later.
    I have this version (base , not Pro) and I copied a bid/ask volume from TT Market Explorer Market Grid to Excel with Paste Special; also following the Help file 'Generating an RTD Formula' instructions, I copied successfully a RTD formula from TT to Excel 2003.

#13     Jan 16, 2007
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Barnard,

I am still on version 6 since 7 is not fully released/stable yet with my broker. I read version 6 manual and tried to follow the steps, but some feature were not available and I assumed it is due to the fact the pro license is required. This was also confirmed by TT rep when I called them. I guess I need version 7.

Was anyone able to link to Excel with version 6, without Pro license?

Thanks

#14     Jan 16, 2007
  5. #15     Jan 20, 2007
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Bernard,

Thanks for the link, I posted the question on TT thread.

redduke

#16     Jan 20, 2007
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

I was able to figure put how to get market depth in Excel. It turned out to be so easy.

Once Market Explorer is opened, it shows things like last bid/ask, last traded price and so on as default. If you right click on particular contract there are options to change view for this contract, one if which is market depth. Once the view is changed all that is left is to copy each cell and paste it in Excel via paste special (link). It displays 5 levels of DOM. As it turned out, pro license is not required.

LOVE X-TRADER AND TT!!!

Regards,
    redduke

#17     Jan 22, 2007