X-mas Rally Officially Over: Start Shorting Tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 27, 2006.

1. well another problem i have is with the printing of money which is being handed out via repurchase agreements, this is inflationary, and it ends up with too much money chasing too few goods. You can`t lower rates to save housing with inflated currency fueled by excessive liquidity in the system----rates will have to be raised to mop up this excess liquidity.

There will be a heavy price to pay for this excess liquidity, I think Japan will be forced to raise rates in late January as well!

I believe people will look back and ask where were the checks and balances?

why did you take the ceo of a wallstreet firm, without any time delay (i.e. having another job in a different capacity) and put him in charge of the treasury?

Bush wanted to try and hold the senate so he printed money to run on the economy, I think there are reprecussions to said policy.

#31     Dec 27, 2006
  2. Of course there are repercussions, but when those repercussions will affect the market is anyones guess. And that is all it will be is a GUESS. To actually base a trading strategy on it is fools play.

#32     Dec 27, 2006
  3. the election is over---the liquidity will have to be moped up---there is too much liquidity in the system right now---everybody knows that--so the only place from here is down---everybody and their uncle is "all in" right here----so one dollar upside risk and ten to twelve dollars reward to the downside.

I`ll take those "pot odds" anyday. You want to be on the right side of the risk/reward ratio in setting up trades.

bottom line nasdaq will finish in the red tomorrow-----that is the trade for tomorrow----just watch and learn from the master:)

#33     Dec 27, 2006
  4. I have a trend on my side, what do you have on your side other than speculation of macro-economic events? When will those events be reflected in the market? How much will you lose waiting for the trend to turn in your favor?

#34     Dec 28, 2006
  5. looks like the qqqq`s put in a double top (bearish) to me, broke the support line to the downside, with a slight uptick on the bearish down trend pattern.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=qqqq

You see HG I am talking about an entirely different market than the ym/dow/es/snp/you.......it only takes about 45 stocks to manipulate those short term------those will follow suit----but who cares----the market I am trading is bearish----you can`t tell me that chart looks anything but bearish!

#35     Dec 28, 2006
  6. I'm looking at the q's. It is definitely at a potential turning point, but when it doubt you go with the trend or not at all.

#36     Dec 28, 2006
  7. hels02

hels02

It might be a double top. On your chart it looks like it. On mine, it's been a falling wedge, and that's a consolidation signal for the next ramp up. Hrm. :D

As far as I'm concerned, while charts give you something to do during the day, they are still retrospective and not predictive. So far, I haven't found much that is as predictive as my gut feeling, which obviously isn't 100%. But it still beats throwing darts at a newspaper.

I think the biggest factor on whether the nasdaq goes up or down will hinge on news. The scary part is that the news can go either way, and everyone is sitting on a wall wondering which way they'll fall for 2007. At least I am.

#37     Dec 28, 2006
  8. it is the last week of a great 2nd half to the year, will the mkt go higher? Why not? No volume, hedgies getting buried by the s&p lets go ballistic here for God's sake. Where do we end in jan or Feb is immaterial to me. Wake me at nasdaq 5k, or 4k or even 3k. Dow @ 12.5k? who cares?

#38     Dec 28, 2006

9. This had to be the funniest line comign from you. Seriously, I've never met ANYONE who has been consistently more incorrect than you Redstreak.

You called all those futures down and corrections and day after day you are wrong. Please, start a journal of all your trades and I welcome all ET members to take the opposite of your trade. Baron should charge for that service 'cause I'm sure it'll be a moneymaker for everyone else except you.

Redstreak, At the rate you were going You probably lost so much money during the Internet boom.

#39     Dec 28, 2006
  10. dhpar

dhpar

chicago PMI is today at 10et.
    You talk about manufacturing for Nov (not PMI for Dec). So something that is lagging rather than leading - i.e. be careful .
    :cool:

#40     Dec 28, 2006