X-Box

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

hey you seemed to be a gaming expert, you know where I can download the 8-bit Nintendo emulator? I wouldn't mind playing some good old fashion games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Excitebike, etc...thanx!

#11     Sep 25, 2002
  2. hehe i actually have all those! i use nesticle for a nes emulator and zsnes for a snes emulator. i'm sure if you look up "nesticle" on google you will find it eventually. if you can't find it, send me a pm or email, and i'll send you mine.

for roms, just search for "nes roms" or "nes romz" using google. the funny thing is, the nes roms are so small. when you download them, they only take a few seconds. i remember when i used to pay $50-$60 for those things.

while you're at it, get:

ninja gaiden
    rc pro am
    castlevania
    super c
    commando
    gradius
    kung fu
    ikari warriors
    life force
    metal gear
    kid icarus
    mike tyson's punch out
    there are many other's...

zelda, mario, metroid, and excitebike are all great picks.

#12     Sep 25, 2002
  3. i actually have my super nintendo still hooked up to my tv. i also went on amazon.com and got some used games. i still use the emulator on my computer, but there's nothin like playing your favorite games on your tv.

here are the snes games i bought used:

zelda - a link to the past
    super street fighter 2 (sometimes my friends come over, we'll drink a few beers, and we'll waste eachother in sf2 all night. just like the good ol days..hehe.....i use ken & ryu and waste everybody.)
    mortal kombat 2 (my favorite mk game...i use sub zero and scorpion.)
    super mario kart (what a great racing game)
    contra 3
    castlevania 4
    actraiser
    f-zero
    axelay
    gradius 3
    super mario all stars
    super metroid (awesome game!)

#13     Sep 25, 2002
  4. this stuff is classic.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#14     Sep 25, 2002
  5. ahh...metroid.

super metroid for the snes was phatty. i remember renting it in college and blowing off all of my finals one semester because of it...

back to the subject - anyone chipped their xbox yet???

#15     Sep 25, 2002
  6. Gordon,

Oh wow! You really took me back with those pictures. I spent the better half of my childhood on Super Mario Brothers and Metroid. Zelda was awesome, too. I remember when I first got my genesis system how amazed I was at the graphics.

Now I play my little brothers systems a lot. Last night we were playing Soul Caliber. We're waiting for Soul Caliber II to come out soon.

I am on pins and needles waiting for Doom III. I may just quit work and get a barewood studio apartment and never come out after they release that game.

I am a huge half-life, Doom, Quake, Unreal fan. We have it hear at work and I love killing my coworkers.

:cool:

#16     Sep 25, 2002
  7. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

You're awesome, I'll definitely check out if I can download the emulator (if not, I'll PM you bud)...hey, do you play SF2 on arcade machine? One day we'll battle, I use Guile and cheat with "death touch" haha, later on!

#17     Sep 26, 2002
  8. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

#18     Sep 26, 2002
  9. Hi Louis,

That's why I bought a first generation xbox right when it came out!! I remember what happened when the PS1 came out.

Thanks for the link, tho. I actually just saw that article about the australian xbox yesterday.

Take it easy,
    bung

#19     Sep 26, 2002
  10. #20     Sep 26, 2002