Wyckoff

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by dartmus, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Wyckoff had worked on Wall Street for more than 40 years and devoted a lot of time to learning to read what we call "price action" today. He actually did become a successful trader by using his methods and didn't become an author until he'd made his money from speculation. The Wyckoff course wasn't written until a few years before his death.

As for why would people seek out guys like Wyckoff instead of modern day traders...I think it's simple. A lot of large traders implore Wyckoff's methods. In fact, there was a time when the Wyckoff course was a closely guarded secret among traders. Today, we have people who give their interpretations of Wyckoff's work but people go back to the original because they wanna hear it straight from the source. Besides, why not learn to read the markets without relying on the technology that we have today? And...contrary to what many people think, the Wyckoff course works even better today...despite people's worries about algorithms, HFTs, quants, etc.

#11     Dec 8, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

#12     Jan 11, 2022
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    #13     Jan 12, 2022
    VPhantom and easymon1 like this.
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

A few days ago, in some thread I don't remember which, @easymon1 posted a chart using specific Wykoff terminology like "jump" and "creek" in the annotations. WHO KNEW!?!?

Gems and aha's to ya!

#14     Jan 12, 2022
    Sprout likes this.
  5. I have a couple books in my collection of wykoff methods, but haven't bothered looking yet. Maybe one day... but I'm not willing to put too much FAITH into it.

#15     Jan 12, 2022
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Yeah, "jump creek" is a funny notation.

Wyckoff Analysis works pretty well on BTC. This analytical method floods twitter when fear is high and BTC is testing support.

#16     Jan 13, 2022
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Jump and Creek, partially explained.

#17     Jan 13, 2022
    easymon1 likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

wyckoff pullback to support.jpg

#18     Jan 13, 2022
    VPhantom and comagnum like this.
  9. Buy1Sell2