www.tmglobalcapital.com any feedback please

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gpstrade, Jan 28, 2012.

1. MBlair

MBlair

They're a SureTrade sub clearing mostly through ETC.

#41     Jan 31, 2013
  2. MBlair

MBlair

Swiss America Securities in the Bahamas. FYI to anyone who's interested.

#42     Jan 31, 2013
  3. Nothing person. Just that I've heard a lot of nonsense posted in forums over the years. People are quick to jump to assumptions. They were doing business with IB at one point which is located out of Belize. Not sure about WTS but but heck, would it really surprise you? It seems like they have their hands in just about everyone in the industry's business.

#43     Jan 31, 2013
  4. MBlair

MBlair

It is disappointing having to do one's due diligence from the misinformation of a forum message board. All of these relationships should be disclosed on company web sites and in contract documents, and they aren't. This is a problem for the SEC and FINRA to address.

#44     Jan 31, 2013
  5. #45     Feb 13, 2013
  6. that would be a good start but the issue is once these guys start regulating them, they get greedy and will end up cutting off liquidity to the markets by overreaching and requiring licenses and registrations and all these expensive measures.

levalencia, a lot of the people who post here are n00bs and don't understand the business. A lot of these kids don't have much money and are afraid to lose it so they seek government to protect them from themselves. It's pretty sad what this industry has come to. When I first got introduced to the industry, you had to put up $25,000 and have a series 7 to trade. Now we have firms that offer $1500 deposits with commissions that are 25 cents per 1k shares and are heavily-regulated and people still talk trash about them.

90%+ will lose their deposit and be forced out of the trading industry because of capital restraints. It's not difficult to see why so many people get disgruntled and blamed other firms.

It also has to do with firms like T3 & SMB and guys like Tim Sykes & Greg Secker that sell dreams of grandeur. Someone posts here a few days ago a video of some schmuck claiming his traders make so much they're gonna trade from a helicopter flying over London. You just need to do your due diligence.

#46     Feb 13, 2013
  7. completely agree, TIm sykes and other sell a dream, but its doable.

Maybe I wont do 2 million dollars in 2 years, but maybe I can do it in 10 years. However, the only way to do it its to invest in education, education might be expensive and takes time, and with time you get experience.

A student from Kunal Desai, she told me that with a 5K investment , 10:1 leverage, its very doable to make 10%, but it can take up to 6 months to have profits consistently.

Also you need to be surrounded of good traders, and never stop educating yourself.

#47     Feb 13, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

it is not IB as in interactive brokers. it is a co. called IBworldwide. obviously you are not trying to create confusion.

#48     Feb 13, 2013
  9. I'm not creating confusion. Interactive Brokers is not an off-shore prop firm. I referenced it as International Brokers multiple times in earlier posts in this thread. I.E.

"visit IBWorldwide.com I'm glad you've never heard of Belize, a country located on the north eastern coast of Central America.
    They're registered with the International Financial Services Commission (IFSC) as a Broker-Dealer. It's the European b/d of Broad St. Trading I think"

I'm just posting what I can find out that others haven't. If it's inaccurate sometimes or someone reads something out of context, I apologize

#49     Feb 13, 2013
  10. Found this thread off of a google search and I am interested in going with IB (not interactive). Just not sure about the whole overseas thing yet. feel like there is something im still missing on finding out about them

#50     Feb 15, 2013