www.thinkorswim.com

Discussion in 'Options' started by sabena, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Nitro,

I attended a TOS seminar-not tradesecrets- the one I went to was free at the cboe. They taught high probability spread trading that is not directional in the sense that they are profitable if the market stays within a normal range- which TOS claims it does 60+% of the time.

I'm guessing your mostly right on your second point from my experience which is mostly limited to spx options. While the bid ask spread is large enough to theoretically make money without movement, unless you are lucky enough to be hit with a market order (which is rare) you need some movement to capture a decent chunk of the spread. But with some movement, the large bid ask spreads are the other reason to trade options besides the leverage and limited risk possibilities.

#31     Aug 30, 2003
  2. Nitro,
    I would have to say for the most part your comments are correct, and the words you put in caps are what options come down to, being a trader, and ending up with some directionality to your positions at some point.

(Don't understand first line of your post? A word missing?)

#32     Aug 31, 2003
  3. Hi,

I understand Charlie Cottle is no more with thinkorswim.com. Does anyone know where he has moved onto?

Thanx

#33     Nov 16, 2003
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Trading the underlying doesn't allow you to bet on volatility or skews in the distribution of future prices, nor does it allow you to comprehensively limit risk whilst retaining upside potential.

#34     Dec 22, 2003
  5. Are you sure your money is safe?

#35     Dec 22, 2003
  6. ______________________________________

Why? Have you heard something?

#36     Dec 22, 2003
  7. Charles Cottle moved? Oh no, he was the best thing since sliced bread. A really gifted trader, who could disect the most complicated positions (and a nice guy). If I remember right he was going to start a hedge fund. Maybe that's why he moved. If anybody knows the story I'd love to hear it.

#37     Dec 22, 2003
  8. No.

#38     Dec 22, 2003
  9. So why the rhetorical question?

#39     Dec 22, 2003
  10. Because you have to think about this problem.

#40     Dec 22, 2003