www.thinkorswim.com

Discussion in 'Options' started by sabena, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Try the Opera browser. Very nice. Runs java well.

#21     May 29, 2002
  2. lundy

lundy

super positive comments about a service. anyone have any negative experience with either the seminar or the broker? or anything that coulda been better or something?

or is it all just pink and rosy?

any senior members endorse this service? not to diss u junior members that posted so eagerly about it. :)

#22     May 29, 2002
  3. stupid name but FANTASTIC platform. have a problem with a trade, intelligent people on the other end of the line. highly recomend think or swim.

best,

surf:)

#23     May 31, 2002
  4. I don't know if member status is relevant to the quality of the feedback regarding this thread, what I do know is that I hope anyone considering TOS, to reconsider some other broker and leave TOS alone for the current members, the last thing I want is for everyone and their brother to join and overload the service, it may sound selfish but I'm being straight.. I heard options express is good.. plus the thinkorswim software kinda sucks.. uh uh :D

#24     May 31, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

I need a seminar to know that long put option protects long stock?

I guess that is part of level I - any examples from level II?

nitro

#25     Jun 1, 2002
  6. Beyond Level I is finding the inefficient volatility projections and the strategies to exploit them, and that edge is not likely to be found very easily.

#26     Jun 1, 2002
  7. I spoke with Tom Sosnoff (TOS Founder) regarding bullets for retail traders. He informed me that TOS will get them for retail traders (through NITE or Peak 6) @ .015/share.

#27     Apr 4, 2003
  8. This thread must be very hungry, coming out of a 10-month hibernation.

#28     Apr 4, 2003
  9. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Is TOS better than OptionExpress? What is the difference?

#29     Apr 4, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

Pat,

Trading the volatility skew and smile is trivial people that do this kind of trading.

To be honest with you, I don't really get what the point of options are other than leverage. I mean, unless you understand how to be profitable just buying calls and puts, no matter how sophisitcated you are in putting combinations of fancy options positions, you still end up a loser. My point is that there is no way to avoid being a TRADER and at some point that means putting on a directional trade.

Other than metoox on this site, I have never seen a non-arbitrage option strategy that works for the off-the-floor-trader any more than going long or short the stock, except that the options give you more leverage. Even in metooxx's case, I think the edge has been dwindled to locks where you still have to decide on a DIRECTION.

Doesn't mean there aren't strategies out there that give you true edge just from the use of options as opposed to the underlying, just means I have never seen it.

nitro

#30     Aug 30, 2003