www.sonic.net/donaldj

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bell, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Bell

Bell

Hi traders,

there is/was a good place to compare and chose from on-line stocks and commodities brokers - www.sonic.net/donaldj I think most of us know it. Now for some time, month or so it is down and I have no any contact information. Maybe it had moved somewhere? Does anyone know? Thanks.

2. hrifraf

hrifraf

The author took the site down effective March 1st citing costs for bandwidth. The site was mentioned in a recent day trading book, and the resulting popularity probably contributed to its demise.

There is lots of information about brokers here at elite trader. Have a look around and you will probably find what you need.

3. Halcyon

Halcyon

4. m22au

m22au

Thanks for that Halcyon. Very much appreciated.

5. I heard that Sonic.net was going to charge Don Johnson for space on their server and for this reason he took the site down. I
    e-mailed him, but he did not want to continue the site. He is a retired teacher and the site was a part time hobby to him.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

6. I remember the site. WIth that amount of traffic he had there is a business oppt there. It is possible to have free server space. Anyone hear of tripod?

Someone want to start a site on tripod with the cache?

Robert Tharp

7. Baron got extra Server storage? maybe you want the info on yr site.

Robert

8. m22au

m22au

Gene,

Did you email Donald at donaldj@sonic.net or a different address?

9. m22au & Robert Tharp,

I offered to pick up all the server charges for Don's site, but he did not want to have anyone help him. His e-mail should be donaldj@sonic.net . He has not answered any e-mails that I sent him. I called Sonic.net and they said that Don Johnson had shut
    down his site voluntarily and his e-mail acct. should still be working. I think Don provided a great service to all traders and
    I'm sorry to see he shut down his site.

Gene Weissman
    Lieber & Weissman Sec., L.L.C.
    gweissman@stocktrade.net

10. He could've simply sold that website, must've been worth a low five figure amount at least, I've seen links to it absolutely everywhere.

Voodoo

#10     Apr 10, 2002