WWW.PAYPALSUCKS.COM?! do you agree ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NickBarings, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Jodi

Jodi

I have been an Ebayer for years now, both as a buyer and a seller. Paypal improved the simplicity and speed of transactions from the days where you had to get a money order/cashier's check and use snail mail to send payment. Was at least 7-10 days, now 1-2.
    I even bought my motor home on Ebay... If you watch the seller's feedback and ask in advance about s&h cost, you can greatly reduce your chance of being ripped off.

:)
    Jodi

#11     Aug 10, 2006
  2. I have to sell all my US coins and stamps now since I am moving again and tired of dragging these 4 huge boxes all over the darn country...

Since I have over 300 sets of coins I want to sell, what is the best way to go about this???

Sell each one seperately or break them up into groups???

I can't see typing out over 300 ads all at once, my fingers hurt just thinking about that................

#12     Aug 10, 2006
  3. You can get scammed easily if you sell on eBay and accept PayPal payment.

#13     Aug 10, 2006
  4. You have never used Ebay or PayPal, scams are rare.

#14     Aug 10, 2006
  5. That is just ignorant.

#15     Aug 10, 2006
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I cannot use PayPal. I changed my email address and then got in a catch 22 where I could not verify the account without using the old email address, which was shut down and closed out. I explained this to them several times and got these canned answers that did not address the issue so I had to drop the idea. I can still pay somebody with it via their email address but I can't "have" an account. Can't say I miss it really.

#16     Aug 10, 2006
  7. That's why a Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail account should be used as a contact email for important online communications. Something like john_smith@yahoo.com or john.smith@gmail.com and only use it for important stuff. Gmail has free forwarding to any email address.

You never know how long you will have john_smith@mydomain.com.

#17     Aug 10, 2006
  8. ran into the same thing....ended up opening a new account with a different CC and that worked.

#18     Aug 10, 2006
  9. You sure can get scammed. I sold something for $900. Buyer signed for it and said he never got item. I had all the info Paypal required. I got backcharged for the amount. It DOES happen.

The last thing I sold using paypal was for $1280. After e-bay and paypal got done with me, I basically split my profit from the item with them. It cost around $70 in fees. If you ask me the fees are an absolute rip off, but, you do reach a broad audience.

If you want to save yourself headaches with Paypal. Open a free checking account and keep no money in it or a very small amount. That way if you get a screw job buyer trying to backcharge there isn't anything to take. Close that account and open a new one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

#19     Aug 10, 2006
  10. He didn't say you never get scammed - he said it was rare. According to PayPal, they have over 55 MILLION accounts. Of course there will be scams just as there are scams with other technology vehicles, including email.

I cannot speak to your specific problem, but again I have done thousands of dollars (actually, 10's of 1,000's) through PayPal - buying, selling, and transferring money over five years and never had one problem.

#20     Aug 10, 2006