www.nasdaq.com - the worst site ever

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Mar 2, 2020.

2. kmiklas

kmiklas

L O L - Son, you need to buy yourself a Bloomberg Terminal.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

They expect you will have trading software.

upload_2020-3-2_15-55-28.png

TimtheEnchanter and IAS_LLC like this.
  4. d08

d08

NASDAQ's website is garbage now, the old version (which is still up) was decent. They chose this incredibly ugly and useless design and on top of that a lot of the data is missing due to faulty javascript/html. They're not intending to fix it either.

ET180 likes this.
  5. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

ABC, Robert, ABC !

6. ET180

ET180

Totally agree! I really liked the old site much better and still use it. The new site is garbage. Here's how you can access the old site:

https://old.nasdaq.com/earnings/earnings-calendar.aspx

7. ET180

ET180

Shit. Now I have to find a new site. Why are they trying to make their website useless?

upload_2020-8-26_10-5-49.png

8. d08

d08

Yup. The new site STILL has severe errors. I've informed them twice, no acknowledgement, no fix. If any list is split into multiple pages, the first item of every page from second onward is missing. This is because whoever wrote the code is showing items 1-100 (that means 99 is last one shown) and 101-200 on the second page (item number 100 is missing completely). Their new site is browser window size dependent so the only way around it is to scrape in different window sizes, so that the items are split differently each time. Absurd workaround if there ever was one.

9. Total garbage. It's even impossible to find press releases on changes to THEIR indices.