www.millennium-traders.com

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hkaddah, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dottom,

I DON'T HAVE THE BALLS...but

depending on how I feel~~~I have gone to 400 shares a trade...Remember, when I decide to take the BIG GAMBLE, of 200+ shares a trade... ALL the trades have to be the same amount of shares for MyProfitParameters to work for me and I try to NOT dip into margins..

1000 shares of a $20.00 stock = $20000.00

...it don't take too long to have 1/4 of a million bucks at risk...I'mFatButMyBoysAreSmall!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#21     Nov 28, 2001
  2. wwatson1,

....and your point is????

....as always

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#22     Nov 28, 2001
  3. dottom

dottom

I try to NOT dip into margins..

1000 shares of a $20.00 stock = $20000.00

...it don't take too long to have 1/4 of a million bucks at risk...I'mFatButMyBoysAreSmall!!!

With a 1.00 stop loss your risk is a lot less, even with margin and slippage.

If you did have 12 positions open, $20.00 stock, $240k total, your risk (based on stoploss) is only $12k. At $5k/day profits you can withstand going 0-for-12 with just a few days profits in hand.

#23     Nov 28, 2001
  4. i don't know, im sure i had a point though.:(

#24     Nov 28, 2001
  5. wwatson1,

PointWellTaken :cool: :D

dottom,

Ever see a CatastrophicMarketCollapse...

....they blow right by SOME of YourStops and I don't have the time or want to get into it with any of my Brokers...I HAVE BEFORE...and it's not fun and I generally LOSE!!!.....with those Bastards ...

Sorry, TOO MUCH RISK!!!

I hate to lose and I LOVE MY meager PROFITS TOO MUCH!!!

If you have TheBigOnes...more power to you.

...as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#25     Nov 28, 2001
  6. dottom

dottom

Ever see a CatastrophicMarketCollapse...

Rock, at $5k/day you can afford to stockpile a bunch of options and will make even more in event of collapse.

But if trading rooms works for you, all the best. I ran across an interesting book at the book store talking about Internet trading rooms, how some are scams, some are honest but fail, and how some are actually legitimate with the operators looking for fame & fortune (not just fortune). The problem is consistency. They best way to do DD on a room is look at turnover rate vs. long-time members. Your fame theory was corroborated. I only skimmed through the book.

#26     Nov 28, 2001
  7. dottom,

If you have the time and....

If you know about options ...PLEASE take a look at this site and let me know if it can work and your thoughts...

Last year I tried options on my own and LOST...

MyPigsTurnedIntoRibs...hehehe

This site only trades once a month, with very few plays and if it works would be a nice addON to my TradingSites...

http://www.streetscanner.com/trades.htm

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#27     Nov 28, 2001
  8. dottom,

"They best way to do DD on a room is look at turnover rate vs. long-time members."

....and, it would be nice to know THAT!!!!

H~O~W!!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#28     Nov 28, 2001
  9. Just something I don't understand: how can you run a chat room and trade at the same time? There is no way I could watch all these stocks, write what I am doing and then actually take the trades at the right time. So what they probably do is taking the trade before the call is made.

#29     Nov 28, 2001
  10. Kicking,

OneWord....Employees

"So what they probably do is taking the trade before the call is made."

SomeDo~SomeDon't

M/T...I think they do...and they have employees
    ShortBoy...No
    Streetscanner...No
    AlfaTrading...No
    Waxie...I think they do...and they have employees

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky