www.elitetrader.com is worth...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lassic, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Any article by a "noted trader/investor" would be met with: "the guy's a scam artist," "he has no idea what he's talking about," fill in the blank with the typical ET poster slur. (Incidentally, the guys making the slurs spend 99% of their free time writing posts on this site and hardly any time actually trading).

#51     Dec 26, 2007
  2. sammybea

sammybea

The domain name Daytrading.com just sold for 200k today. Its going to take a lot of effort to challenge Elitetrader in this space.

#52     Oct 6, 2010
  3. (this thread passed from a friend)..

Where do you find out this kind of information? I remember a few years ago someone offered me a boatload of $$ for stocktrading.com (not enough to sell it of course), but I'm just not familiar with Domain name "auctions" or soliciting....I'm curious.

Don :confused:

#53     Oct 6, 2010
  4. You could put it up for sale on ebay to see how much someone would pay for it. Put the reserve price at something like 100 million dollars so that you dont actually have to sell it (although if someone bids 100 million I cant see you NOT taking it) You can list the auction for 30 days for a couple bucks just to see what someone really would offer you.

#54     Oct 6, 2010
  5. Thanks....

Don

#55     Oct 6, 2010
  6. sammybea

sammybea

Hey Don, I am sorry, I should have provided a link

http://www.thedomains.com/2010/10/0...00000-domainfest-live-auction-brings-in-458k/

It should be picked up by more news outlets over the next couple of days. FYI, you can goto domaining.com or dnjournal.com to find the latest news in the industry.

#56     Oct 6, 2010
  7. Is the guy planning to start a forum or what ?

#57     Oct 6, 2010
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think they sligthly overpaid. daytradingnow.com is aviable at Godaddy for 12 bucks per year.
    Also lots of vafiations of the name with all kinds of different ending than the .com.....

#58     Oct 6, 2010
  9. Domain names LOL

This has tulip mania written alll over it.

#59     Oct 6, 2010
  10. wartrace

wartrace

If this site had a "farmville" it would be worth billions!:D

#60     Oct 6, 2010