Wts Proprietary Trading Group, Llc

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LCFXTRADER, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Shanb

Shanb

correction :*100,00 shares will get you 500/dollars a month in commission.

#21     Dec 22, 2011
  2. swag

swag

Evotrader,
    just to confirm, no prop leverage on options? Cash account only?

#22     Dec 22, 2011
  3. I'm not sure, but I know the subgroups can take additional risk if they want to provide more leverage on top of what wts is willing to, so you can probably get more that way. it's worth a shot.

#23     Dec 22, 2011
  4. .004-.005 is fair. especially if u do under 100k shares/month but it's by no means getting ripped off. Paying $1 per thousand is getting ripped off. Paying $4-5/1k for under 200k shares is not a rip off. it's what most firms will charge you.

#24     Dec 22, 2011
  5. hitnrun

hitnrun

evo

actually most prop firms do accept 5k from any trader

commission cost is based on total share volume traded monthly

how much risk deposit a trader puts up should have no bearing on commission cost

active pro traders usually trade 1million shares plus monthly

If a trader is doing 500k shares a month they should not pay more then .003 with any firm

unless they are getting some training then it makes sense

#25     Dec 22, 2011
  6. hitnrun,

small accounts ($1500-$5000) hold much more risk for the firm. Anyone leveraged at 10:1 or even 20:1 with $2,000 in their account can easily get halted while a trader short in a stock and accumulate massive loses for them firm (6 figures). I've seen it happen. Most traders will not pay back loses if their accounts go negative. That's just been my experience in working with prop firms for a few years.

I definitely think someone putting up 2k shouldn't get the same commission rates as someone putting up 20k.

The odds of the trader with 2k in his account generating enough commissions to cover overhead like risk-management (riskier as the accounts get smaller), rent, etc. are very slim.

Firms providing leverage do take on that risk. To take on that risk for someone who is pretty much gambling (what you are doing trying to make income off $1500-$5000).

#26     Dec 23, 2011
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

the fact is most traders would rather open a account with 5k for many reasons

The size of the account does not prevent risk nor help one be profitable

2 traders with the same size account & experience can have totally different rates based on how they neg their individual deal

this is for a real prop account not the noob training programs

some traders just take the deal that is offered to them

while others only pay what they know is a competitive commission

traders with big or small size accounts usually pay similiar commissions

for those that do not know how to neg will be screwed without even a kiss

to each his own

#27     Dec 23, 2011
  8. hitnrun,

you forgot one big category: the gamblers. There are traders who don't see a trade as a risk-reward scenario, but more like a hand of cards.

Back when I traded with some smaller prop firms, I've literally witnessed independent traders who had a strategy of going to finviz.com and shorting the highest winners / longing the biggest losers of the day.

One day, some health care stock got halted with a trader in short. He had something like 1000 shares at $15. FDA approved the stock and the next morning the stock opened at $24. The trader lost his 4k deposit and another 5k of the firm's capital. He didn't end up paying it back.

Size of account does matter. You simply can't realistically put up 2,000 and expect to earn any type of income on that, other that a few pennies and most traders are not that disciplined to manage a 2000 account. it allows too limit margin for error.

In my experience, the traders who came and went the quickest have always been traders who deposited under 5k. The costs of bearing a professional trading account is just too high for a 2,000 balance to pay all the associated fees like desk, commission, regulatory, etc. while still having room for loses.

If someone wants to put up 2,000 that's fine. I just think it's bad business for a firm to accept traders that are willing to expose the firm without taking on their own risk.

#28     Dec 23, 2011
  9. Shanb

Shanb

What ever happened to having some prudent risk management in place? You can't justify those types of commissions from your argument...any firm that has such a disregard for risk management deserves to lose money!

#29     Dec 23, 2011
  10. hitnrun

hitnrun

evo

you keep talking about 2k accounts for some reason ?

Your stuck on noobs with small accounts that often get burned

I was talking about 5k accounts & higher & pro traders

even the trader with a 50 k or 100k account . if they do not know how to manage risk they may blow up

If someone is going to approach trading like it's gambling then they deserve to lose their money

when people lose money repeatedly then hopefully they wise up & change their ways

#30     Dec 23, 2011