WTS Proprietary Trading Group LLC, Miami FL

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by chrisacosta00, Aug 24, 2012.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/business/28trader.html?pagewanted=all

Rate of success in trading business is 1% as per NY Times ( see article above), I have heard as high as 2.4% by another expert and there are traders making millions per year however trading is not a business for everyone and not everyone who succeeds will make millions having said this I don't understand the logic behind "Don Bright" bashing. I personally can attest Bright Trading is a legitimate, solid firm and when trading there you don't have to worry about being swindled, firm going under or anyother shady deal separating you from your money. All that said this doesn't mean Bright Trading is the firm for you, there are many firms out there and you have to do your own due diligence. There are no free lunches!
    As for sitting behind a trader making $200k and paying $1k for the privilege, are you kidding?

ps I am not with Bright Trading

#21     Aug 26, 2012
  2. No, I would consider that. Example, I used to do this thing with a certain pair every day right before the close. I made money about 95% of the time. Over 18 months it grossed me at least 50k, we're talking in about 10 min a day of trading. I did other things during the day, but this was like - easy $200-$300 profit right at the close - every day. I don't think it could be automated it was more of just a feel for the tape kind of thing.

Sitting behind someone who knows what they're doing, maybe you pick up something like that. Now you could drop that on a training course, but I doubt you can learn anything really useful from a class. I don't need an introductory lesson and don't want to waste time.

Just a shot - maybe someone would share some insight on the $200k 'big time player', but too bad I guess won't get any free info here. :)

#22     Aug 26, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Agreed, sitting behind a successful trader is a good thing but why would a successful trader share his/her methodology?

#23     Aug 26, 2012
  4. Yea, that's exactly the problem. Maybe find a woman successful trader, get her to fall in love with you. Get the strategy that way! :) Perfect plan.

#24     Aug 26, 2012
    #25     Aug 26, 2012
  6. Indeed.

For whatever reason, every time I have talked w/Don Bright he has come off, at least to me, as all snake oil and not very refined snake oil at that.

While I know that Bright or whatever it is called today is a substantial entity, my guess is that it does no where near the business it did 10 years ago. This begs the question of whether the decline at Bright and the industry in general is a result of a change in the market or more the result of the industry not keeping up with the changes.

In my meetings with Don, he came off, to me, as the ultimate Luddite as far as technology goes. He once told me in no uncertain terms that no software could either help people trade or help people learn to trade.

Admittedly that was 10 years ago but I don't believe Luddites are more likely to change their stripes than other species and their most recent webinar confirms that.

Jack

#26     Aug 26, 2012
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Agreed! I should have chosen my words more carefully. I should have said, I traded at Bright Trading and did not see or hear of any funny business during my time there.

#27     Aug 26, 2012
  8. Strange, the idea daytrading is falling off. Where's all the greedy young guys 20-25 who don't want to work for the man these days? Are they just living at home? Please don't say 'the algos killed it', that's bullshit. 'Efficient Market' garbage. Low volatility slows things down, but there's more plays out there across stocks, options, futures, forex than ever in history.

#28     Aug 26, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bright Trading is the best house on a bad block in a lousy neighborhood. LOL. Nothing wrong with the firm, just the industry sucks now. If I were 22 years old right now and just getting started, I would not be getting into stocks. Bright is great stop along the road for a lot of old timers like me or guys who have been in the business awhile and see that a majority of the equity firms have gone under. It's not Don's fault that the industry sucks, it just is what it is.

#29     Aug 26, 2012
  10. VinMan

VinMan

Mav you wouldnt get into stocks? What would you get into?

#30     Aug 26, 2012