WTS - JC Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by textrader4, Sep 21, 2011.

1. thanks, thats what i believed. what if a firm (these prop ones) told you that it is not SEC registered and not associated with any b/d. how does it work?

#21     Sep 23, 2011
  2. Tranbo

Tranbo

I agreed with sgtslotter about verified the Firm Financial Statement from the SEC and do the Math. If the firm claim they have 2000 traders with deposit lock up for one year..it should have showed the result on their statement. Look out for the Red Flags ..such as firm being fined for failing to meet the minimum capital requirement

and for none Register Prop Firm ....do yourself a favor and please stay away. You have better chance made money trading retail, instead.

#22     Sep 23, 2011
  3. in the US, if a firm is not registered and making money off of tickets or transactions, they are just sitting around waiting for the SEC to shut them down in the post tuco vs SEC world (2008 til now). not sure how it works outside the US.

#23     Sep 24, 2011
  4. JC trading is not registered right? but it is under a registered firm so its ok?

#24     Sep 24, 2011
  5. Yes, I confirmed this with WTS compliance. They have WTS branches and remote traders and all traders trade directly with WTS. That is the only way to trade through WTS....you cannot go direct.

#25     Sep 24, 2011
  6. so these "branches" of WTS act like introducing brokers to WTS?

#26     Sep 24, 2011
  7. I guess you can look at it that way. But the main point is that you have to go through one of the branches to trade with them.

#27     Sep 24, 2011
  8. Why do none of the branches want to admit that they are affiliated with WTS? Isn't it weird. Look at LES Trading website, JC, CTG.

If they are official branches and they only have branches, it seems kind of weird...

Usually you see, 'Securities offered by XXXX Securities, FINRA member' or something like that.

#28     Sep 24, 2011
  9. i dont get it. how can some random "company/corporation" just become a "branch" for a SEC registered firm. wouldnt the branch need to be registered.

#29     Sep 24, 2011
  10. All good questions....will call on Monday and report back.

#30     Sep 24, 2011