WTI Crude Time Frame 3min or 30min

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Sumation, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Sumation

Sumation

Hi,
    I am trading CME WTI, on a 1 min Chart, I make $300- 500 round turn in less than 15min. The problem is when I enter again , lose all profit. I only used B.Bands , Stochastic, and MACD .

1) What time frame is suggested 3min, 30min for Intraday?

2) What TA Indicators?

Thank you

2. If your first trade always wins, then trade 1 time.

From there, scale up your contracts.

Done in 15 minutes.

Dream job.

3. Sumation

Sumation

No so a Dream Job, the problem is when I stay on a loosing trade, when do I quit? or on a wining trade up $600, expecting a higher market (greed) then it turns against me? that is the sad story.

is a 1min Chart good and always looking on the monthly /daily charts?

4. No offesne at all but if you are still trading in a few years your will realize the absurdity of asking useless questions on et.

5. Learn how to spell the word lose and losing and maybe it will help.

Maybe you are being too loose with your entries.

5yr

PS It won't, but spelling correctly could definitely help at your next job or at least to get your resume together.

6. Sumation

Sumation

Thank you brownsfan019, it looks like it’s working.

For the rest, I am novice at trading less than 6 months, and every questions is useful. About the spelling, I make mistakes, and I don’t spell check, but I know 4 languages… Thank you all for the assistance.

7. mr888

mr888

You better be hopped up on some meth to trade CL on a 1MIN chart, 15MIN minimum with 1hr-4hr-daily on the side

8. Cheese

Cheese

Lets look at time frames in CL by considering pace and lets look at Thursday & Friday.

What happened on Thursday and Friday (CL May 5 & 6, 2011) was not different from any other day. The only EXCEPTION was the pace - faster pace, roughly about 4 times faster than a more regular CL trading day.

So taking the daily price gyrations lets assume day trading to exploit the intraday swings. You need to look at whats going on in compartments: 'this is an upswing beginning or this is a downswing beginning'.

The price gyrations produced 43 swings on Thursday and 46 swings on Friday (minimum 40 points per swing). Now the usual number of daily swings have been about 7 to 12 per day. So these are swings coming at you faster. Don't get punch drunk. Sit back and collect your senses and just trade normally but with sharper responses.

Ignorant play by average down buying on falling price or by average up selling on rising price are plain folly and lose you the opportunity successive swings offer you to take net gains. Also a one minute chart shows its severe limitations when swings are fast and big. You start getting a lot of very long bars which obscure what you should be doing.

So you need to use range bar and/or volume bar charts set at suitable levels to give yourself a clear sighted grip of the price gyrations at all times.

Remember the basic premise for an amateur. Day trade. Go where the money is. The moneys in the gyrations. Buy the upswings; sell the downswings. And so to do this, you must devise or adopt a reliable methodology.
    :)

9. Lornz

Lornz

Exactly right! A lot of people miss these gyrations due to their charts being time based. I'm trying to capture ranges, so why wouldn't my charts be range based?

10. achilles28

achilles28

What time frame do u use, Cheese? 2 mins looks decent for cl..

#10     Jun 19, 2012