WTI-Brent

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by greg25, Jan 6, 2011.

1. greg25

greg25

Hi all

Any good idea why does the spread plunged to -6, and a little bit more..

Any fundamental reason ??????

greg

2. Cushing.

3. bone

bone

Last week, open interest in the WTI Nymex futures rose by 4.94%, while the ICE Brent futures open interest rose by 7.35%.

[​IMG]

4. greg25

greg25

Yesterday i check the data and i see the stocks in Padd II are at historical levels.

I also think that this http://transcanada.essentialtalk.com/media/4/ alsa can be an important reason.. the Keystone pipeline..

thanks

and have a nice day

5. Lot of talk about specs and long-only commodity funds moving from WTI to Brent as a result of pending regulatory changes, position limits, etc...

What are the domestic (US) implications if this spread blows out to $20? Better for consumers to have the specs run up Brent while WTI languishes, or is this an overly simplistic view?

6. greg25

greg25

I am from Europe (Spain) so i prefer them.. to stay in WTI!!!!!!

greg

7. It would become feasible to build a trans-atlantic pipeline from the US, starting at Houston or New York City, to Europe, ending at either London or Rotterdam, and "bust" the spread. :D

8. greg25

greg25

Don´t Give them Ideas.. !!!! they will say the trasncanada whorkers , just turn right a litle bit at Cushing, Oklahoma and don´t stop untill London !!!!!

9. bone

bone

Take a guess what the tanker rates have done.

10. greg25

greg25

Any nice site to follow the tanker rates (free site if posible) ????

#10     Jan 19, 2011