WTF! Why Bund Jump 30 Pts On Thurs AM?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by himself, Nov 24, 2005.

1. himself

himself

WTF!
    Why did the Bund jump suddenly From 120.30 to 120.63
    at 9:38AM EST on Thursday Nov. 24th?

2. Your data is wrong. Have a break & nice weekend.

3. ig0r

ig0r

lol U.S. exchanges closed today?

4. himself

himself

Here is the chart.

5. headline on bloomberg.com: german business confidence falls more than forecast. that might have something to do with it.

6. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

You mean the ZEW indicator? That was released on 10:00 CET or 4:00 am EST.

My Guess: someone used the opportunity to test the stop losses of the shorts.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

7. sorry misunderstanding...

8. Boblman

Boblman

Big stop at 34 (where two lots traded) triggering other stops (a total of 45,000 I think)

Basically large stops on the 100% retracement (I think, def a level of some sort) triggering more stops exacerbated by thin volumes (Thanksgiving).

The IFO fig had nothing to do with it... in fact the move up off weak IFO in the morning was totally over the top for some reason (and retraced significantly back down to 120.16).

Was actually long, but only dicking around with small size and didn't take it off anywhere near the top :wtf:( !

9. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I think there is another interesting level for stop-gunning: see screenshot.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

10. wolfe

wolfe

What do people look at when determining in and out points when trading the Bund? I was told the US 10 yr., but there must be other indicators? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

#10     Nov 25, 2005