Wtf was THAT?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Arnie, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Ever since core2 intel's market share have been increasing. Intel is cheering because they are strong and in control of low and high end PCs. The only challenge could come from SoC which is still immature.

Due to Intel's monopoly status it can hardly be used to predict future of the economy, but for the same reason I'd not short it.

#41     Jul 14, 2009
  2. VinnyB

VinnyB

I'm surprised that there isn't more of a discussion about the YM "spike" Both AMP and Mirus are telling me that those were legitimate trades and my charts indicate the same - spiking to 8700. CBOT is reprting it never happened; but, there is lot of volume to 8700 level. Is that possible? I know spike happen but a 5% spike for no reason?! Other indices didn't move that much.

And if busted, how is that decided?

Guess if I was short, I'd have my answer :p, but I wasn't in a position at the time.

Am I the only one watching the YM?

V.

#42     Jul 15, 2009
  3. Suprise!!!!!!!!!

#43     Jul 15, 2009
  4. Nope VinnyB, I am also wondering how this was dealt with. Until just a couple of minutes ago, 8437 was the quoted high. Some guy said everything above 8440 was busted but I don't know where he got his info.

8441 is the CME Daily pivot point so that my be part of why they picked price in this area but clearly there should be a better answer.

I've attached a screenshot of YM OHLC data from the CME site this AM. There is NO WAY those trades of yesterday afternoon are legit (the actual high was 8735). The brokers either aren't being truthful or don't know what's going on.

lj

#44     Jul 15, 2009
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Buy everything in sight! It's a world gone mad!

#45     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Where does CME post info on busted trades???

#46     Jul 15, 2009
  7. +1

#47     Jul 15, 2009
  8. Yesterday afternoon I went to the CME web site and saw that they set their daily high (for today) at 8437. Periodic checks throughout the afternoon and evening showed that this did not change. That is what I am using as evidence for the fact that all that early PM crap was just games.

To answer your specific question about where they 'post' such info, I don't know but the inference from the posted high after the incident is that they called anything above 8437 a busted trade.

lj

#48     Jul 15, 2009
  9. VinnyB

VinnyB

Sometimes I feel like either I'm the only one trading the YM or just clueless...because both AMP and Mirus said I was the only one that called in about this.

Anyway, they just both got back to me and said the same thing - there was a "glitch" when the Dow reopend at 3:30 [CST] and all trades to 8700 were indeed busted. Neither gave an explanation as to how any "busted level" is determined.

I don't post a lot but I've been lurking [not registered] since late 90s and what is really enlightening is that, out of all the registrants on this board, no one was in an actual position to give their account of what happened - or they just don't care to post about it. Which, in itself, is odd because I would think that would be a good think to discuss on a trading forum.

Just thinking out loud,
    V.

#49     Jul 15, 2009
  10. Banjo

Banjo