wtf was that at 4pm. huge high vol selling

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by stock777, Jun 26, 2007.

1. those targets get blown when price cascades out of the channel, since others might get long.. thinking the samething.

#51     Jun 26, 2007
  2. notouch

notouch

What Delta are you referring to? The word delta is commonly used (as in MarketDelta and similar indicators) to represent volume at the bid and volume at the ask. You're obviously referring to something else which is what caused the confusion. Please clarify.

#52     Jun 26, 2007
  3. Just spoke to a mate of mine who was selling for a major hedge fund on the close the 1504-5 area this is a new short not a get out trade. Said they will try to get some more done above the figure if possible but they havent finished.

Cheers

#53     Jun 26, 2007
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

so what's the big deal?

#54     Jun 26, 2007
  5. Full confession:
    I may be out of my mind on this.
    It's just that I suspect that the index is going to try 1500 one more time. I could be wrong. If you look at a chart -- SPX since 03/27 to 06/25 -- it looks like a downtrend. I am looking at IB charts for SPX from 03/27 to 06/25, 3 months with a day bar -- which shows that next support at 1497.75 -- if this is just a "dip," then there may be support here. But bear in mind that this sub-prime fiasco may not have played out yet. Let the buyer beware!

What am I smoking? That chart shows next support at 1490.59 on the SPX! Looking at the 06/07 bar. But that would give us about 1503.00 on the ES. Yippee! or not? I don't know! It's getting bad! I am mixing up the cash with the futures! Buy boys, buy! SAVE ME!

#55     Jun 26, 2007
  6. You maybe right and get a bounce though I think you are going to run into some heavy resistence around the figure. Good luck man you have some balls.

#56     Jun 26, 2007
  7. I am long, but not strong. My knees are getting weak. The bid is back to 1498.00. I am praying and hoping at this point.

#57     Jun 26, 2007
  8. notouch

notouch

trader225, from your increasingly hysterical posts it's obvious you're not thinking rationally. You're getting excited about minor after hours moves which have very little bearing on what will happen when the equity markets open tomorrow. I recommend you close all your positions, take the rest of the week off and go and do something you enjoy like a long weekend of fishing, golf, clubbing or whatever. This will help clear your mind so you can get back to rational trading next week.

#58     Jun 26, 2007
  9. I just shook my little 8 ball. It said,
    "there will be no rate change"

Fed will say "we are watching inflation and will think about it. The economy was very robust. Housing had some soft patches that look to be moderating soon."

Stock market will pullback at 1st, then rally hard into the close. TA readers will call a broadening triangle formation that must crash in next two weeks.

Of course, my 8 ball hasn't been performing as well as my dart tosses lately, but I figure it usually beats my logic... so, there's my 2 c.

#59     Jun 26, 2007
  10. I may seem hysterical; who isn't when there is some loss? But I haven't lost hope yet, so I am still in. I will consider closing the position if the ES drops below 1497.50. As I've said, and I should reiterate, I stand ready to buy at 1497.50.

#60     Jun 26, 2007