wtf?ToS Canada account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mathieurrr, Apr 8, 2011.

1. So ToS is now finally accepting canadian custoemrs with ToS/TD Waterhouse. However to qualify for the account you need min equity of 10k and 30 trades per quarter. This seems crazy compared to the US accounts where I believed it was 3k min equity and NO min trades per quarter.

I'm not worried about the equity part but I am just not a fan of the 30 trades perQ, I can't maintain that every quarter.

Am I correct about these account qualifications and if so is there a way for a canadian to open up a US ToS account ?

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Matt

2. Not to be rude, but, TOS is for "active" trader and not buy and hold holder investor, if you are trading less than 30 trades every quarter, you should look for other type of broker.

3. Here is my problem. I am still a student at University. While I am in university I can easily see myself doing 30 trades per quarter. However I am in a co-op program and therefore have internships every 4 months. I really don't believe I had the time and focus to pull off 30 per quarter while I am doing those internships.

Any recomendations ?