WTF? State of California taking money out of my checking acct?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Again, I like 5/3. They've been wonderful to me so far. But I do have a good sum with them, so maybe that's why. *shrug*

#31     Oct 9, 2014
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

If you keep a large account, they'll of course, go above all else to keep you. And just closed my wells Fargo accounts. Have a check for $55k and some change from checking and savings, going to local credit union my hoa seems to like so well. Have found if the bank is massive, so are the bad issues. I hate it, but I'm now the non smoking, non drinking version of my Grandfather... All I need is one of those rubber change holders.. Lol!!!
    And btw, was cursing all the way up I-95 earlier thinking about CA's tax gestapo STEALING from you, and zero was done about it.:mad: Is pure evil! Had a doctor's appt, and bp wasn't high, but was higher than last time. When I "splained" what CA did to you plus my bank, they understood fully. Lol I guess.. What a World we live in... Never thought I'd wind up as the non smoking, non drinking Grandfather who no longer trusts banks with immediate need cash.:(:eek::D

#32     Oct 9, 2014
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

^ And forgot to mention, the 5/3 employees are micro managed like I can't sum up in words.* Guarantee they're nervous if you're upset over something the back office screws up. Hell, knowing that, may drop my funds there, lol! Don't work there anymore, and know the inside enough to know what they can and can't do to help me. Hmmm... Glad you brought that up!

* The way the branch managers were treated was almost criminal. I used to overhear the big shots talking to them, and what I heard was mind warping. If I were a new Lawyer, GUARANTEE I'd camp in the parking lot, and hand out cards at closing time! And I'm not kidding in the least! Damn, I can't imagine, the $ I'd make! Wow! None the less, you'll get the yes sir treatment there, if they still rule with an iron fist. Go to the branch ALWAYS, or call just the branch. Do that, and you'll love life as they have to call, and deal with the back office nightmare, then call you back. Yep, think I'll drop in there in the morning vs the credit union.

#33     Oct 9, 2014
  4. rmontino

rmontino

This just happened to me. California Franchise Tax Board just took money out of my TD Ameritrade without any notice/email/letter. I haven't lived in California for 10 years. Does anyone know who to talk to? I already have a case opened with TD Ameritrade

#34     Nov 4, 2015
  5. karrots

karrots

Just happened here too. We watched my bro get hounded by CA for years after he worked there only 6mo before moving on. We lived and worked in CA for maybe a decade up until about 5 years ago. The Franchise Tax Board last year hit Wells Fargo with a legal order and took about $500 from our account without notice. Wells charged us $125 for the favor. It then took months and a $200 tax accountant to prove it was our money...so now FTB refunded us less than $300. The only benefit is the hope that the action will prevent them from doing it again. Won't hold my breath though. Make no mistake, neither the Federal, state of CA nor the banks regard this money as anything but theirs...

#35     Apr 11, 2016
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Local credit unions, small banks, etc. Stay away from the big banks.

#36     Apr 12, 2016
  7. nitro

nitro

tradingprofits.jpg

#37     Apr 12, 2016
  8. nitro

nitro

The only solution is for institutions to start accepting crypto-currency. Then you don't wire money to a bank to trade with. Instead, when you make a trade, the software generates a token which gets passed to the brokerage which in turn can be used to contact software on the crypto distributed servers. The token times out after a small amout of time, say 1 second. After decryption using standard public/private RSA keys, releases that amount of funds to cover the margin for that trade in real dollars (or heck just stay in crypto). When exit the position, it transfers the money back to crypto. That way the only money at risk is money in the market. Other money is locked up in a crypto-currency.

This sort of thing is only going to get much much worse. State governments are broke. You have been warned.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    #38     Apr 12, 2016
  9. CA is perma-bk, all the businesses left, all the Mexicans moved in, forgetaboutit... I just moved to CA and now I really have to think about this... IB has no physical presence in CA... ok, I switch to an internet bank, try to use cryptocurrencies I guess, thanks for the thread ET!

#39     Apr 13, 2016
  10. fhl

fhl

The state of Ca withheld money on dividends on a stock I owned. I don't live there and never have but apparently the company has operations there. I've never had any other states withhold tax on dividends like that. They are a-holes.

#40     Apr 13, 2016