WTF ? spike in EUR/USD , what news ?!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by fluttrader, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Don't see any news scheduled at 07:45

2. You say spike, but are you referring to the move down?

3. Yes, is a spike by definition UP ?

4. Most of the time people assume that's what you mean when you say "spike" without the word "down" attached to it.

but to answer your question, no, I don't know. The only piece of news I've managed to find was "The market might have misunderstood the G7's message" and that statement from Juncker. But who knows.

5. "G7 politicians are not going to let the market ignore or forget about last week's G7 meeting and communiqué. Though the market did not see anything particularly onerous included in the text, there were enough unknowns to keep the market on edge. EU Juncker has just excited the market and given USD a bid with his comment that "the market did not correctly understand the G7 message on FX" and repeated, again, that he does not see the EUR advance vs USD as desirable."

The market hasn't given a shit before, I don't know why it did here. Maybe someone leaked the indicators at 9?

6. My guess is that unemployment claims of 08:30 leaked.

7. I suppose it's possible. But if something that leaked caused THAT much of a USD positive, we'd see a spike in equities as well.

(spike meaning higher)

I think it's just some CTAs bailing out on a failure to breach 1.60.

I'm sure there will be another try. We've not even pierced the uptrend line.

8. Well, claims weren't so hot. It couldn't have been that.

9. You guys trade without any news feed? It was reaction to Juncker's comments.

10. Sh*t happens with no reason . Last sunday euro dropped 100 pips on open for no reason then went up 300 pips straight. That sounds like manipulation but they say there isnt in forex. We retail traders are all suckers the big banks have a good laugh at us behind closed doors .

#10     Apr 19, 2008