WTF?????? Some employers consider ending health coverage

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Aug 24, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Hoooray! We're moving closer and closer to the destruction of the USA medical cartel and toward National Health Care! This is long overdue in this country!

Take a look at your value system. Don't you think that if we can engage in military adventurism all over the globe, that we should most certainly provide care for our citizens?

#21     Aug 24, 2011

2. no problem, as long as you're paying for it, i could care less. but you really dont get it do you. if the medical mafia was under control, your wife would not have to worry about being robbed under emergency conditions.

thats ok, you have lots of tunnel vision company.

#22     Aug 24, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

I think that if we nationalize health care that dissenters will have an impediment to their freedom. There already is history to support the idea that anti-war people mistreat veterans in the VA system...

There are two traditions with regard to workers. One is that an employee is almost a family member, the other is that they are a commodity. The former seems to hold sway in Europe, the latter in the US. A far better answer to the solution of who pays for healthcare is found in encouraging the former philosophy in the areas of healthcare and all treatment towards workers by employers. Trying to legislate it into existence really sucks though. I've worked for employers that treated me like a commodity, they had to provide health insurance so they got the cheapest, worst stuff they could find. Their health insurance was an impediment to my sanity and health really. I turned away from the US Medical care almost entirely and I'm doing great. I found that I can cure conditions that the Medical Establishment cannot!!

I really hate the idea that I have to pay in one form or another for healthcare for individuals that will not do the due diligence required to stay healthy. They, in turn, support industries that are bad for people's health like growers that produce our meat devoid of Omega3 and many other things essential to health, the fast food industry, liquor industry, etc ad infinitum ad nauseaum...

#23     Aug 24, 2011
  4. Arnie

Arnie

I could not agree more. Its amazing the powers that be don't see this. All Obama did was take a broken system and put it on steroids.

#24     Aug 24, 2011
  5. Everybody dies. Either the sick employees die off or the healthy unemployed live on the street, starving, trying to stay alive by eatting garbage which in turn makes them sick and they die.

I guess thats what you want...the healthy people to die. You're messed up!

#25     Aug 24, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Surely you didnt believe Obamacare was going to be good for the people who actually work for a living did you?

[​IMG]

#26     Aug 24, 2011
  7. Hmnnn.. I wonder.

If you hire an employee and he work off the books, pay him cash.

Now if you like his work you put him on the books because he needs health care, say he's getting married, thinking about a family, all legit concerns.

Now if no one offers health care. pffttt. It's one less headache. This may lead to a larger underground economy.

This may even have an effect on workmans comp insurance.

Say you run an autobody shop, hire a guy under the table, he drops a wrench on his foot & breaks his big toe. He gets his freebie treatment at the ER and thats the end of it. No claims, case closed.

#27     Aug 24, 2011
  8. I also wonder what the health care costs are of female vs male.

People don't wake up and decide to the doctors, men don't.

I wonder if the demographics of african american women share of health care costs are vs other groups.

I wonder what the health care costs of employed people vs unemployed.

Gunshot wounds & childbirth are pretty expensive and I'm sure are out of proportion to the general population vs african american community. Not that I care in particular but this may have crossed the mind of thr insurance industry lobby.

The ins cos may want the gov't to pick up this tab (gunshots and excessive uninsured pregnancies).

#28     Aug 24, 2011
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

My employer pays for medical coverage wtih Kaiser. I have to contribute a small amount for the premiums.

I don't use it...

Instead I drive over to Cedars Sinai and pay cash.

My primary physician is a private doctor in Bethesda, Maryland that accepts no insurance. I fly over there for checkups and routine stuff. If I'm sick and don't feel like the long flight I just walk into Cedars and have them supervised by my primary.

Kaiser is that bad.

I just turn the mandatory plan coverage down to the mininum option and eat my contribution to the premiums. I would be very happy if my employer dropped coverage altogether. I would definitely be one of those who refuses to participate in Obamacare regardless of any penalty. I-will-not-play-nice. :)

#29     Aug 25, 2011