WTF?????? Some employers consider ending health coverage

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Aug 24, 2011.

1. http://ehbs.kff.org/

#11     Aug 24, 2011
  2. sick employees die off?! you're messed up. I more than welcome you to that group.

#12     Aug 24, 2011
  3. #13     Aug 24, 2011
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

No surprise. Plenty of people warned of this during the Obamacare debates.

If the gov't tries to make it too painful to drop coverage (excessive fines, red tape, taxes), companies will continue coverage but pass on the ever-increasing cost to consumers. There’s no free lunch here.

#14     Aug 24, 2011
  5. you morons, and yes, even you imbeciles, that abuse the rest of us by accepting any price for healthcare because you're insured, deserve to pay for it out of your own pocket.

maybe then , you'll tell the hospital and the doctor to go fuck themselves when they present you with an obscene bill.

here, have a shat
    [​IMG]

#15     Aug 24, 2011
  6. We can't afford it. Eat pizza your entire life after 50 the sick care bills start to run up! You payed cash for the pizza now you can cash for the result!

#16     Aug 24, 2011
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, it’s crazy. “I’ll just go to any old doctor I like that accepts my insurance and $30 co-pay.” Until the end-user is affected by the costs (and health care facilities have to compete more), there’s no end to the inflation.

In addition, there are very few incentives to prevent people from being 300+ pound, sedentary, drug-popping zombies…other than a shorter life span. "Someone else will pay my medical bills."

#17     Aug 24, 2011
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Sorry but sometimes you can't price shop in the heat of the moment. My wife had an emergency c-section, she could have died, I wasn' thinking about the cost of the procedure.

#18     Aug 24, 2011
  9. #19     Aug 24, 2011
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

Truthfully, I don’t expect people to research medical costs (not readily available) if they don’t have to. It’s a classic “tragedy of the commons” case. The whole system would have to be changed so everyone feels the effects of costs (patients) and competitive pricing pressures (providers).

#20     Aug 24, 2011