wtf: republican. shootings result of "ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 20, 2012.

1. wtf. so god had these people killed because he was pissed at us?

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of terror like this takes place," Gohmert said.

"Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters ... We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/louie-gohmert-aurora-shootings_n_1689099.html

2. I would comment, but that will either bring stu....or jem.....you know what happens after that.

3. stu

stu

No go ahead please. Don't censor yourself on my behalf anyway. I'll not respond to the completely irrational comments jem would be bound to make on the subject.